“Great food”

Ranked #15 of 303 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Elmer’s Restaurant provides our Guests with a warm and inviting family dining experience that offers seasonally fresh entrees, and premium, made-from-scratch favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Centralia, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food was really good - but the young lady that sat us looked sick or hung over, and kept wiping her nose while handling our silverware. Our waiter swapped our silver ware for us, and everything else was fantastic :)

Visited July 2013

Oregon
“Dinner at Elmer's”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stopped by for a quick and reliable place to eat dinner. Most Elmer's restaurants are very similar, but this one is different from others that we have been to. The menu had great choices, and the prices were very reasonable. The bathroom was very dirty, and one of the toilets was completely backed up. To get to the bathroom, you have to go right by the entrance to Purple Parrot, a video lottery outlet and bar. To us this seemed very seedy. The food was great, so we may come back again.

• Visited June 2013
Encinitas, California
“Elmer's, an obligatory breakfast stop.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

There comes a time in every parent’s life when he feels compelled to scamper northward in haste to rescue his/her kid from some foolishness or other. Just such a journey was thrust upon us within these last two weeks and we responded promptly like the troopers we have become.

That trusty work horse that passes for the family automobile was dutifully pressed into service on short notice and off we went on a two day voyage from San Diego to the Seattle area. No time for frivolity, no time for sight seeing, when business beckons. It was on just such an occasion that we were once again able to discover the delights of enjoying breakfast and good coffee at Elmer’s of Medford.

Now, Elmer ( God rest his soul ) has most likely passed on to his great reward somewhere in the Universe, leaving his sound business establishments behind in several cities to disseminate good food and enrich his relatives. However, we’re glad to say that Elmer’s work ethic and dedication to good service and serving good food lives on.

Now, before he left us he had the good sense to leave behind some excellent recipes, as well as very specific instructions as to how those recipes ought to be prepared. I’m here to say that Elmer’s skillets are not only the finest in the land, but also the tastiest in the country! Consequently, every time we roll though Medford, Elmer’s has become a refreshing, but obligatory stop.

• Visited June 2013
EPHRATA, WA
“nothing special”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

average food the clam chowder and service was good, poor selection of deserts with a choice of short cake or a sunday, the chicken fried steak too spicey for me, was easy access in and out,

Visited May 2013
Brookings, Oregon
“Call the Health Department”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I love Elmer's Restaurants and have had a couple of good meals at this one, but our last visit will definitely be the last one. The meal was one of the worst I've ever experienced anywhere, and was capped off when I used the restroom on the way out. The guy coming out of the stall I was waiting for was dressed in an employee's uniform and walked straight from the stall back to work without even glancing at the sink. I didn't see him when I left the restroom, so I hope he was heading home after his shift. I'm afraid maybe he went straight back to work in the kitchen.

Beyond that, nothing went right on this Sunday afternoon. When we entered about eight employees were having a bull session by the front counter. One of them seated us at a table, though we wanted a booth. There were plenty of open booths, but the employees were closing off sections of the restaurant to clean up. Actually, they were cleaning up all around us while we were trying to eat too. I thought I was going to have to pick up my feet to let the guy vacuum under our table.

I ordered my favorite, the grilled turkey and cheddar cheese sandwich, but instead of being crisp and buttery, the bread was cold and dry. The french fries were simply cold limp earthworms. I intended to ask for fresh ones when our waitress came back, but no one ever asked us if everything was all right. To be fair, my wife's omelet was great. I just hope it wasn't cooked by the guy who never washes his hands. The employees' only concern seemed to be to getting back to their bull session. This was not typical of Elmer's in general or this location in particular, but I wouldn't risk going back.

Visited March 2013