“Great Hotel!!”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Redding, California
“Great Hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. When I first pulled up, it looked like an older hotel from the outside, which I was unsure of. But once we stepped in, I was very impressed. Everything was clean and beautiful. It was beautifully decorated in the lobby and even in the elevator waiting area. Then the room was very clean. I could smell how clean it was when I walked in the door. The bedding was completely clean & sparkly, even the duvet covers are washed after each guest!! The food was good for breakfast, and I even was able to enjoy the weight room, which was very clean & nice. I would definitely stay here again! Also, all the staff that I encountered were very friendly. Great place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Our owners take a great deal of pride in keeping the property updated and looking it's best. They recently invested in the property with a complete renovation top-to-bottom and the results are fantastic! I'm glad you like it and, please, tell all of your friends!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Whistler, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

All of the staff here were extremely friendly & helpful. They went out of their way to make sure you were comfortable. The rooms were typical Hampton Inn rooms and very clean. Everything in my room function well and I got a pretty good nights sleep. Usually on business I stay at a SPG property but with none in the area I chose this hotel. It was a great deal with free wifi and breakfast. The pool and fitness center were very nice. The breakfast was great and the seating area was quite large. I would definitely stay here again if I am in Medford.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you! I will share your comments with our staff and hope to see you next time. Regards.
Portland, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel was adequate and no more. Rooms were clean and relatively quiet. The TV was broken but the staff moved to fix it fairly quickly. Breakfast was disappointing but that might be because they were hosting several youth athletic teams and the breakfast room was jammed. Fruit was less than top quality. Orange juice machine wasn't operating. French toast was tough and dry.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to write. I am pleased that you found our rooms to be clean and relatively quiet. I am glad that our staff responded quickly to resolve the problem with your TV. We are always striving to make our complimentary breakfast experience as good as possible and your comments are well noted.
Albany, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Spacious clean room, with typical breakfast spread but better than average seating area for breakfast or coffee in the A.M. Just passing through so not much to say, other than Medford does not seem to be happening.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Glad you liked our spacious renovated rooms! Please ask for me during your next visit and I would be pleased to recommend the many fabulous things to do and see in our area. You may want to book and extra night! (;
Tiburon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

This hotel was very comfortable, clean and convenient to travelers going through Medford to another destination. The staff at the desk was particularly helpful - he recommended a great restaurant where we could dine late in the evening that turned out to be excellent. We totally enjoyed our stay at this Hampton Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Terrific! I am thrilled that you loved the hotel. Medford is blessed with many excellent restaurants to choose from and I am glad that our Front Desk Clerk was able to recommend one that was right for you! All the best.
Flushing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

when we arrived at 12pm after 12 hours in airports and planes with no luggage we were greeted with such support and offers of things that would make our stay more pleasant. we stayed one night before we headed to visit family in CA. when we returned for the night before early morning flight out, they were so helpful with breakfasts for us at 4am and taxi to airport. was so good...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is never a fun thing to deal with when your luggage is lost but I am glad we were able to smooth it out a bit for you. We hope to see you next time you visit Medford and thank you for your kind comments!
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I know Tripadvisor doesn't allow cursing, so I'll try to be respectful.

This was the worst night of sleep I've had anywhere more upscale than a Motel 6.  Part of it was the fault of the building.  Part of it was the fault of the staff.

As for the building ... We should have known better when we walked down the hallway to our room, and when we walked across our room.  With every footstep, there was a loud creeping sound.  But I guess during daylight hours, it didn't seem so bad.  Plus we'd already checked in by then.  And we were tired and didn't really feel like starting another room search.

As for the staff ... As we always do we asked for the highest floor in the quietest area when we booked the room online.  This almost always gets us exactly what walked for.  But not at this place.  More on that directly.

We were in town early, so we stopped in at 1:45pm to make sure we'd get a good room.  We also wanted to see why Hampton had already charged our credit card at noon for a room that didn't have to be cancelled until 6:00pm, and for more than the room rate to boot.

Presenting ourselves at the front desk, the young man on duty apologized but said they were "sold out," and that they were putting us on the second floor.  We said that if something on the third floor would be available on the third floor later, we'd wait to check in.  But again he repeated the "sold out" excuse.  So perhaps against our better judgment, we took the second floor room.  Like I said, we were tired, and we had no energy for a new last -minute room search.

Since we had early appointments, we turned in early at 10:00pm.  And all was fine. Until about 11:30pm when the people in the room directly above ours checked in.  Apparently they did have top-floor rooms they were holding after all.  Just not for us.

These newcomers then proceeded to clomp and stomp around the room for a good 45 minutes.  Sometimes there were lulls in the noise for as long as ten minutes.  But just as I was dropping off to sleep again, off they'd go again.  At one point, I think they we're even running an industrial strength floor buffer.

Now you'd think that if these people came in so late, at least they'd be sleeping late, no?

Well, No.  They were up at 5:15 clomping around again.  And between that and hearing two different phones ring in adjacent rooms, I finally gave up, got some coffee, and sat down to write this hate letter.

As for their Hampton Inn .... I'd recommend tearing it down and starting over.

As for us, I think we may finally be all done with Hampton.  We stayed in 20 or so Hamptons last year, and only about half of them were fully satisfactory.

I guess we should have learned before now.  But then, it's increasingly difficult to find any hotel chain that's consistently good.  And with the indies it's even more of a gamble.

Maybe it's time to invest in an RV?

Room Tip: Unless you're hearing impaired or take strong sleeping drugs, don't even stay here unless yo...