“Stay in Medford, Oregon, on the way to Portland”

Hampton Inn Medford
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This hotel was very comfortable, clean and convenient to travelers going through Medford to another destination. The staff at the desk was particularly helpful - he recommended a great restaurant where we could dine late in the evening that turned out to be excellent. We totally enjoyed our stay at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Terrific! I am thrilled that you loved the hotel. Medford is blessed with many excellent restaurants to choose from and I am glad that our Front Desk Clerk was able to recommend one that was right for you! All the best.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

when we arrived at 12pm after 12 hours in airports and planes with no luggage we were greeted with such support and offers of things that would make our stay more pleasant. we stayed one night before we headed to visit family in CA. when we returned for the night before early morning flight out, they were so helpful with breakfasts for us at 4am and taxi to airport. was so good...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

It is never a fun thing to deal with when your luggage is lost but I am glad we were able to smooth it out a bit for you. We hope to see you next time you visit Medford and thank you for your kind comments!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I know Tripadvisor doesn't allow cursing, so I'll try to be respectful.

This was the worst night of sleep I've had anywhere more upscale than a Motel 6.  Part of it was the fault of the building.  Part of it was the fault of the staff.

As for the building ... We should have known better when we walked down the hallway to our room, and when we walked across our room.  With every footstep, there was a loud creeping sound.  But I guess during daylight hours, it didn't seem so bad.  Plus we'd already checked in by then.  And we were tired and didn't really feel like starting another room search.

As for the staff ... As we always do we asked for the highest floor in the quietest area when we booked the room online.  This almost always gets us exactly what walked for.  But not at this place.  More on that directly.

We were in town early, so we stopped in at 1:45pm to make sure we'd get a good room.  We also wanted to see why Hampton had already charged our credit card at noon for a room that didn't have to be cancelled until 6:00pm, and for more than the room rate to boot.

Presenting ourselves at the front desk, the young man on duty apologized but said they were "sold out," and that they were putting us on the second floor.  We said that if something on the third floor would be available on the third floor later, we'd wait to check in.  But again he repeated the "sold out" excuse.  So perhaps against our better judgment, we took the second floor room.  Like I said, we were tired, and we had no energy for a new last -minute room search.

Since we had early appointments, we turned in early at 10:00pm.  And all was fine. Until about 11:30pm when the people in the room directly above ours checked in.  Apparently they did have top-floor rooms they were holding after all.  Just not for us.

These newcomers then proceeded to clomp and stomp around the room for a good 45 minutes.  Sometimes there were lulls in the noise for as long as ten minutes.  But just as I was dropping off to sleep again, off they'd go again.  At one point, I think they we're even running an industrial strength floor buffer.

Now you'd think that if these people came in so late, at least they'd be sleeping late, no?

Well, No.  They were up at 5:15 clomping around again.  And between that and hearing two different phones ring in adjacent rooms, I finally gave up, got some coffee, and sat down to write this hate letter.

As for their Hampton Inn .... I'd recommend tearing it down and starting over.

As for us, I think we may finally be all done with Hampton.  We stayed in 20 or so Hamptons last year, and only about half of them were fully satisfactory.

I guess we should have learned before now.  But then, it's increasingly difficult to find any hotel chain that's consistently good.  And with the indies it's even more of a gamble.

Maybe it's time to invest in an RV?

Room Tip: Unless you're hearing impaired or take strong sleeping drugs, don't even stay here unless yo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Buckminster_Fievre

I am sorry that we could not accommodate your request for a third-floor room. I can assure you that our hotel was built to minimize noise with special insulation between the rooms and floors but, as with any multi-floor hotel, totally eliminating noise is not possible. I hope you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi and indoor pool and Spa.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We have visited this Hampton Inn on several occasions. It's easy access to the freeway, cleanliness, friendliness, and breakfast make it the perfect stop for a trip along Highway 5.Recommend for anyone traveling the Oregon/California route.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Our staff works hard to ensure that our guests have the best stay possible. Your positive comments reward us for our work and we thank you!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Courtesy, cleanliness, and helpfulness. Great job from everyone. The free breakfast was actually decent! I never write these reviews, but these folks deserve the credit. Would I stay there again? Yes! YES! YES! Great job.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Glad you liked our hotel! Thanks for taking the time to write and I hope to meet you during your next stay with us. Best Regards

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Marcy is and excellant manager at this Hampton. Room very comfortable and CLEAN! Complimentry Breakfast had several choices and was hot and delicious. Coffee and Cookies in evening were also excellant. Room was very clean with great lighting. Room also very quiet! Would stay here everytime visiting Medford!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments! Marcy was thrilled to have been mentioned. I read this to our staff at our morning stand-up meeting and they were so happy to hear your review of our property. Everyone at Hampton Inn Medford works hard to please our guests and it is very rewarding to get such positive feedback!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed at this Hampton Inn last wk for 2 nites, and it was a great experience. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, perfect pillows, good bedding with a clean duvet, nice quality bath products and quiet. The staff was the friendliest I have ever experienced. Every person I encountered, right down to the housekeepers went out of their way to be pleasant .

The breakfast was good and had a good selection, with fresh fruit, Hot protein items that changed every day and the other familiar items.... yogurt, cereal, breads, bagels, etc. And the coffee was good!

The only thing missing was a bolster on the beds.... I have come to like those when sitting on the bed to read or watch tv.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Your review made my day! I will be sure and share it with the staff tomorrow during our morning meeting. I like a good bolster pillow also. However, the brand made the decision to eliminate them from our beds to better promote our "Clean and Fresh" bed concept. The bolster pillow covers were stripped and washed daily but when the brand surveyed our customers we learned that they were not confident that cleaning them daily was, indeed, our practice. Now there is no dought that we have the cleanest beds in the industry!