“A good place to rest on the way”

Hampton Inn Medford
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed July 31, 2013

First time at this location. The Hampton Inn chain has been a good goto chain for me. Pretty dependable services, comfortable rooms, nice complimentary breakfast. This location didn't disappoint. Room seemed a little larger than usual and the presence of a DQ right across the parking lot made the inevitable struggle of leaving the room after checking in a little easier.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stay in a lot of Hampton inns and hotels in general. Usually a Hampton Inn is pretty standard - sure it won't be the Ritz, but you'll get a clean room and a comfortable bed... Not so much here. Expect out dated furnishings, unclean bathrooms (the shower looked as if it had not been cleaned in months), and rude staff.

The first problem started the morning of my reservation. I got a call saying my CC had been declined. After checking my bank account online and then calling my bank I called the hotel. The problem you ask? Well they were trying to charge a card I had over a year ago. Now please let me remind you that I stay with Hilton properties on a regular basis. In fact, I had stayed at a Hampton Inn in Portland just 2 night earlier.

Taking this as an honest mistake, I give them my actual CC # and we continue on our way to Medford.

When we get there, we notice the neighborhood is a little seedy. It's right next to a food for less and right off the freeway (not the end of the world, just a little ugly). There are 2 people at the front desk - neither says hello, smiles, etc when I walk in. After a minute or so, they finish their conversation and then look at each other as if to say, "Ugh, no, it's your turn to deal with a guest."

After getting checked in to our rather disappointing room, we basically fall asleep and leave early the next morning.

Ah, now the fun part. As I check my statement for hhonors and view my receipt I happen to notice a wonderful $250 charge... For what you ask? For smoking marihuana. Yep. Wow, I'm not
even sure what to say. Now I get to deal with the unpleasant task of arguing with the hotel management. Wish me luck!

Oh, and if you can avoid it, don't stay here. There is a much nicer holiday inn express down the street that looks brand new. Even better? Stay in Ashland, which looks about 100 times better than Medford.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Paula C
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times and have never had a bad experience. The hotel is very clean, the staff is very helpful and friendly and the location is right off of the freeway close to restaurants and stores. The breakfast is excellent.

Make sure you have reservations during peak travel times. We did, but observed several travelers who didn't get turned away. Plan ahead people!!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was a good place to stop with the usual quality of a Hampton Inn. It was close to many restaurants and stores. I picked it as a good stop on a long trip home and for the value that Hampton Inn offers. An added plus was finding a Dairy Queen located just in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Medford Hampton Inn before and will continue to do so when in Medford. I find the service and accommadations always excellent. I have never been let down on my expectations of the Hampton Inn. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn Medford!!!!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here on the way south from Crater Lake to San Francisco. We were surprised at how close to Jacksonville it was, as we spent the next day there. Very comfy accommodations (love the bed and linens!), super friendly staff and a nice, spacious room. The room smelled a little funny (maybe a cleaning chemical?) when we first arrived, but it wasn't overpowering and disappeared within minutes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Didn't have reservations and got one of only two rooms left since all hotels were booked for this date. Hotel was sold out but it was quiet and we never heard anyone except in the morning, you heard doors slamming shut due to air conditioners being on. Room was very clean and big. We had a king bed with a pull out sofa for our daughter. She said the sofa bed was comfortable. Bathroom was also big and clean. All hotel personnel were very friendly. Breakfast was great and they even had omelette along with potatoes, waffles, cereal, etc. They were always refilling the breakfast items. I will admit that the price for the room was expensive but we also did not have prior reservations cause we weren't sure where we were stopping for the night so you have to pay when you wait until the last moment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family