“Cozy”

Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Eugene, United States
“Cozy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Nice hotel, clean, great staff - very willing to please and recommend local places to dine. There was a high-pitched humming noise in my room that made it hard to fall and stay asleep. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast was sketchy, pretty awful, actually.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hi, Amiee

Guest comments help us get better and better at what we are doing so thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that our employees did a good job for you and that your room was clean and comfortable. I hope we can impress you next time with our breakfast also. The Brand is always striving to improve our breakfast offerings. The addition of the hot waffle machines has been a big hit as well as our homemade oatmeal. The hot offerings rotate on a regular basis and our fresh fruit is always appreciated by our guests. I am particular excited that we are now offering locally baked scones, muffin's, cinnamon rolls and bagels. I hope that I get the chance to meet with you on your next visit to find out more specifically what we can improve upon.

Warm regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The bed was extremely comfortable. However, our room location made it noisy right next to the stairwell. The trip happened to coincide with a local sporting event so the hotel had a good number of teenage boys just milling about.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Marcy L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Hampton Inn is known for having some of the most comfortable beds and I'm glad you were able to experience that during your stay with us. I apologize you encountered noise issues during your stay with us. Sporting events in our valley keep the hotels busy this time of year and we try our best to make sure our other guests are not disturbed by the teams. Our front desk staff is available 24/7 to dissolve any noise issues our guests may have during their stay. Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your stay and we hope to see you back in the future.
Bend, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I Had some mineral water in the fridge of my room. Gone at my business meeting the hotel staff cleaning my room heard an explosion and one of my waters had frozen and burst. When I returned that evening the manager had replaced my water with two more and a chocolate bar and a card explaining the ordeal. I was very pleased with my stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to respond about your stay with us. Our staff tries to go above and beyond to make our guests stay more enjoyable even if its something as small as a chocolate bar, water, and a friendly card. I am pleased we were able to leave a positive impression and we hope to see you back the next time you're in Medford.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

awesome friendly hotel! I got lost,so I called Hampton,spoke with a very nice young lady by the name of renea. She was very helpful and polite! Upon arrival she made us feel very,very welcome. She placed us in a quiet room,it was very nice. the room was clean, however the beds weren't very comfortable. BUt in all honesty renea and her customer service made up for the uncomfortable bed! Way to go management,trust me keep her.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevator!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to respond about your recent stay with us. We strive for excellent customer service in all areas of our hotel and our front desk staff is always willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our guests. I will be sharing your comments with Renia and the rest of our staff. We hope to see you back the next time you're in Medford.
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I am a fan of Hampton Inn's but this one is below average. It is old and desperately needs updating. We were on a lower floor and could hear every movement from the floor above us. This was particularly bothersome at 1:30 in the morning when they seemed to be having a party and were walking back and forth for over half an hour. We called the front desk and they said they would take care of it, and sure enough not even five minutes later it got quiet. We definitely appreciated this.

Our room was large but it needed new carpet and couch, there was black stuff in the molding of the shower, and it just generally did not feel clean. There was a gap under the door as well and you could hear everything in the hallway.

We arrived around 10 pm the night we checked in and the front desk attendant was not friendly and did not acknowledge us other than to ask what name our reservation was under.

At breakfast the next morning many of the items were out of stock, the yogurt was sitting in a bowl with no ice in it, and the garbage can was overflowing to the point that things were dropping on the floor. When we mentioned this to the lady working there, she told us to throw things away in a garbage can that was in the back by the kitchen. I had a blueberry muffin that was still partially frozen. There was no fruit, which most all of the Hamptons I've visited have had. They also didn't have to-go breakfast bags like I've seen at other Hamptons.

Overall it was a bad experience and even for the brief time we were there as a stopover during travel, I would not recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcy L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We strive for excellence in customer service and guest room cleanliness and regularly receive high honors for those areas. Our lobby, breakfast room, fitness room, and business center were renovated in February and the guest rooms will be renovated from top to bottom in October. I am happy to hear our front desk staff acted so quickly to quiet the guest above you and allow you to get a restful night’s sleep. I have taken your response and shared it with our entire staff so we can make any necessary improvements. We hope to see you back the next time you're in Medford.
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stay here on a regular basis for business travel. I get the best value for my dollar at this Hampton. The staff is helpful and friendly,Beds are comfortable, restarunts located nearby. I highly recomend this motel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and for taking the time to let us know. Thanks for choosing Hampton Inn Medford.
Dunoon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Fantastic friendly hotel. Well appointed rooms which were very clean. Well placed for attractions in Medford.We used it on our way north on a road trip. Would definitely stay again. A great member of the Hilton Family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dennis G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Medford, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to tell us how we are doing. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back!