“A Breakfast Must in Medford”

Buttercloud Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #5 of 308 Restaurants in Medford
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Buttercloud Bakery & Cafe is an artisan bakery specializing in biscuits, sticky buns, muffins, scones and other downright delicious baked goods. We also offer breakfast and lunch sandwiches featuring local ingredients piled high on our signature buttermilk biscuits. Beverage options include everything from espresso and French press coffee to local craft beer, wine and sodas.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Best Western people turned me onto this find. Got lost even with their MapQuest directions. Bad tree-cutting blocks street sign. Even after 20 minute tour of historic downtown, would not give up search. Worth it.

1  Thank OtherBobbyD

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We love Buttercloud Bakery! I would stop there every morning if they had a drive thru! I can't get enough of the bacon cheddar scones. Every time I have one, I crave more by the next day. So watch out! Buttercloud could become your next addiction, as it is mine!

Another thing I love about this homey little place is the incredibly tasty and savory biscuit breakfast sandwiches they make with pesto. I am not kidding, we get a scone to eat while we wait for the sandwiches. Soooo good! (Also, try the french toast biscuits if you have a sweet tooth!)

We usually come on a Saturday morning, and it can be crowded. Inside is very small with barely enough room for our baby to be on a chair in the car seat. But it is worth the squeeze! Outside is the best, if you can get a table. I wish they would expand their eating areas.

Hope this review has been helpful. Click if it has!

1  Thank Jodie D
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I'm not usually a big breakfast person, but Buttercloud is one of my favorite weekend spots. Not only is the staff friendly and helpful, but they make the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had! Top notch and interesting coffee drinks as well. The only downside is that the inside is pretty tiny, so it's difficult to get a seat and if there's a line it's an awkward squeeze. Overall a great spot!

1  Thank foodieforlife3
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Love this place! I can't get enough and wish I lived closer since it's a bit of a drive for me to get there but it's totally worth it. The french press coffee is so good and perfect for breakfast with 1 or 2 other people. I usually get a bacon cheddar scone.. so good and making me hungry now just thinking about it!

On the weekends they do a couple of breakfast specials. One is the Works which is amazing bacon gravy over one of their split biscuits with 2 eggs cooked to order on top of it with fresh ground pepper. So good. But probably better they only have it on the weekends because I would go there and get it during the weekday mornings for it while in the area for work!

The cakes, cookies and biscuit sandwiches are all SO good too. Basically you cant go wrong here with anything. The servers are always fast and friendly even when the place is very busy which is the only downside.. it can get busy on the weekends.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a place that had mastered simplicity with great taste and a side of overall classy !! Biscuit sandwiches are amazing !!!and biscuits and gravy you can't go wrong .I get hungry talking about the place ! Very nice local spot always packed inside and always worth the wait or the drive ..

2  Thank Brianna L