TripAdvisor

“Surprised”

Luigi's Italian Sandwiches
Ranked #3 of 25 Quick Bites in Medford
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Since 1969, Luigi's has been known for it's signature sandwich - the "Garbage Grinder". Fresh baked bread, salami, ham, pepperoni, secret sauce and 2 cheeses are melted in the oven and then covered with fresh pickles, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions & olive oil ez salt. I added free pepperocini's. Arguably, the best grinder in Southern Oregon. If you're cruising North or South on I5, near Medford, I highly recommend trying the "Garbage Grinder" at Luigi's. Be prepared to take it with you as this tiny Italian sandwich joint gets packed. Super friendly staff and service.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited Luigi’s late afternoon and thought I would give their Pastrami sandwich a try. SURPRISED AND DELIGHTED I was to say the least. The bread is made fresh every morning as one could taste, all the fixings one would expect and want was added. The Pastrami was exceptionally delicious. And to my added surprise, it was only 6.25 for the six inch. What an incredible deal.
I have been back several times and not once have I been disappointed. I tried their Garbage Grinder and was again treated to an exceptional tasting sandwich. When in Medford, Oregon step inside and let your tastebuds be delighted. ENJOY.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (50)

Reviewed October 3, 2019

Don’t plan on getting a table and call ahead!! This place is amazing for a toasted Italian sub. There is usually standing room only inside and a couple of tables around the building. BUT the sandwich is worth the wait. This place has been around for as long as I can remember and never disappoints.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 19, 2019

My wife and I stopped at Luigi's Italian Sandwiches yesterday for a quick lunch. Having eaten there years ago, we knew the food was good, but had forgotten just how good. We shared an 8" Italian Sausage Sandwich, which was more like a foot long. The sausage was oh so tasty, and the sandwich was loaded with extras, such as bell peppers, marinara sauce, cheese, etc., and all wrapped in a very delicious roll. One warning though.....ours came unexpectedly rich in jalapeño slices, so if you aren't in to hot, be sure to mention that you don't want the jalapeños!

Luigi's is a true hole-in-the wall, situated in a tiny building that is barely large enough for a small kitchen, a cash register, and 8 people in the lobby. It's far from fine dining, but the food certainly makes up for that. There is a large parking lot with crazy angled parking to the side. Inside, there is seating inside for about 4 people, with additional seating outside for perhaps another 10 or 12 patrons. It appeared that most of their business is take-out, either phoned ahead or ordered right there. If you visit at a busy time it may take a while to get your order, as there is only one person making the sandwiches, but you will be amply rewarded for the wait by the food you receive.

It was obvious from the clientele that most had been visiting Luigi's for many years, coming back time and again for delicious sandwiches. You can certainly add our names to that list now that we've renewed our memories of how good the food is! Yes, we'll certainly be back, and hopefully soon!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 10, 2019

I am a Medford resident of 4 years and have heard of this place but hadn't tried it till today.I am eating the Ultimate Garbage Grinder as I type this review. A mouth full of flavor explodes with the first to the last bite, I'm a big eater and ordered the 12 inch but am filling up on the first half. The staff is very friendly and pleasant. If you are looking for an excellent, filling lunch, I highly recommend them. I will work my way through their menu over time because they are worth going back to.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 30, 2019

For my first time, I tried the medium size (8 ") "World Famous Garbage Grinder" which includes ham, salami, pepperoni, cheeses, pickles, peppers, tomatoes, olive oil, their secret sauce and a whole bunch of onions. It was plenty of sandwich, fresh from the oven (it is a different style than other grinders I have had but very good!) It was very busy and I waited for around 15 minutes for my order so calling ahead is advised if you are in a hurry. Family operated and they care about what they do!

Date of visit: August 2019