“Made our day”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

After meeting a long time friend at this restaurant we received the best treatment possible. We came at an awkward time, in between lunch and dinner and yet they were able to provide a great meal. They let us know not everything was available--not to worry--we are not picky. The experience was fantastic as the chef prepared our food to perfection. If you looking for Olive Garden-- go there-- if you are looking for a good meal with some unique ambiance this is the place for you. It was certainly for us as wl spent 2 hours there.

1  Thank Nation_traveler

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We attended a group dinner here, and the service was outstanding. After we got there I explained that I can only eat gluten-free items, and they were very gracious and accomodating. Unfortunately, the Chicken Piccata that my girlfriend and I ordered, although cooked gluten-free, was quite dry, tough, and tasteless. Were it not for the fact that I cook the same dish at home (and people rave about it!) I might have dismissed it as normal. Everything else that was served was very good, just not the main course. I may frequent this restaurant again, but I won't be ordering that entree again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

There are a few small rooms to dine in at Capers, all nicely though modestly decorated. Although one can order from the menu, there is a very nice buffet table set up in the larger of the dining rooms. Rolls, two kinds of very fresh salads, two kinds of starches (i.e., potatoes, strata), a carving station (ham or pork or roast beef) and two sides (i.e., steamed vegetables, pasta primavera, etc.) and simple cookies or bars for dessert all provide a very nice lunch for under $10. The food was very good. The owner came to greet us and made sure our water glasses were full and drink orders placed and plates cleared.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

This place is different !! It has everything going on from the Italian place it use to be, to some added stuff . It all kinda clashes .I came here after hearing to try the buffet it's good. We walked in got a table to realize it was the smallest buffet ever! The salad area consisted of little wooden bowls half filled with stuff some completely out.it was like everyone had ran sacked it already and they don't refill the station. Food wise is it Italian ?american? I don't think anybody knows.The food was pretty under seasoned too. I will say good price point and they seem to attract people but not my kind of place ..Idk how they are rates so high on yelp

2  Thank Brianna L
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Since the change in ownership, there's been a minor identity crisis here. At a recent lunch, a young chef assured me that "We're not really an Italian restaurant", despite the "Ristorante Italiano" stenciled up on the wall and the predominantly Italian emphasis on the dinner menu. But never mind. Whatever style they want to call it (Italian, Continental), they serve consistently good food at a fair price - a rarity in Medford. The somewhat kitsch-y decor left over from Gaetano's isn't really my style, but I don't go there to look at the walls. Service has ranged from very professional to totally confused, but we haven't experienced any rudeness. The food is worth the trip downtown.

1  Thank DrDubious

Been to Capers? Share your experiences!