“Fun, interesting factory tour but not what was expected given the other reviews” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harry & David's Tour

Harry & David's Tour
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Medford
Saint Louis, Missouri
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Perhaps I got the wrong impression but this tour is a birds eye view from an enclosed viewing areas of the production of some of the products marketed by Harry and David. At the mid point in the tour they give each guest a small box that contains two cookies and one piece of candy. Don't get me wrong but this is not the impression I/we got from the reviews.

When you go on the tour you go to the H&D store which is a very nice store full of their products and more. It is the biggest H&D store we have ever seen - the size of a small grocery store. The store is very well laid out and products displayed beautifully. There are some samples out to be tried. By no means was the quantity of products available for sampling significant on the day we went on the tour 10/9/13.

The tour itself was nice and very reasonable in terms of cost. Our guide clearly knows her stuff but was not what I would call cheerful and fun. It was more like the old Dragnet show "just the facts". All the people on the tour were locals and mostly older than me and definitely older than my wife and daughter.

I would not say " you have to go to H&D and take this tour" or even "don't miss this store". I would say go if you have time and if the idea moves you. I imagine there are better things to do in this part of OR. The place is so beautiful it is hard to believe. Perhaps pick up food at H&D and go to Lithia park or any place in nature in the vicinity and have a picnic.

No matter what I just want expectations for this attraction and experience set realistically. For $5 per adult and 1.5 hours of your time it's not a bad thing to do if you are inclined. I'd probably go to the park for a picnic if I knew what I now know.

A few tips.. There are steps and elevators but there is a decent amount of walking for those who are impaired and if you get our guide or a guide like her you will feel like your back in grade school - "walking walking" repeated over and over. They allow photography which made it more enjoyable for me. You will likely end up hungry after all the food you see, smell and think about and then you will likely spend money in the H&D store. Be prepared.

Visited October 2013

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Medford Highlight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

$5 bargain - and 15% off of that for military! They pick you up at the Harry & David Country Store, and the tour driver narrates a very interesting tour which includes a video on the shuttle bus. You then disembark twice; once at the packing factory where you see those gift baskets being packed with all manner of goodies and once at the bakery and candy making facility. (Moose Munch being made by the barrel full!). Both locations have long, glassed hallways above the factory floor so you can walk along and clearly see the fruits, cookies, cakes and candy being made/wrapped/packed. This is an accessible tour and they cheerfully accommodated my mom in a wheelchair. Make a reservation, take this tour and enjoy the treat they give you at the end!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank WyLo808
Felton, California
361 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 228 helpful votes
“Nice Tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

A nice tour was highlited by a very good guide. there wasn't a whole lot going on while we were there but got some good info on the quality control of their products. Saw workers packing pears and holiday baskets. Also a bit of the Moose Munch process. Enjoyable.

Durham, North Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Neat way to see what Harry & David's does!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Took the tour on a Wednesday morning. Left a message on the answering machine the night before and they called us back early the next morning to confirm that they could accommodate us at our requested time of 10:30. They had four times available the day we went. Tour starts at their country store and then you board a van to shuttle first to the assembly line plant watching the gifts of the day being assembled. Then it was on to the bakery building for Moose
Munch, truffles, fruit cake and cookie demonstrations with free samples at the end. If you like Harry and David it is a neat way to spend 1-1/2 hours in Medford. Cost is $5 per person but you get a coupon for $5 off any $40 purchase from the store at the end. Multiple coupons can be combined if you spend the required $40 per coupon! Awesome produce, baked goods and other items hard to get out of there for under $40.

novato, ca
129 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“What a great company.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Called ahead, but didn't need to. Tour begins at their Country Store, friendly host drives a small shuttle bus and leads the tour. I was so impressed by how many they employ, esp. older workers. Many hands on here, things that could have been sent off to China are done by hand here. Top quality too. Makes you not mind their prices when they are helping the economy of Medford. It was over an hour but you are moving along all the time. Loved it.