“Very Disappointed”
Review of Wonders of Wine

Wonders of Wine
Ranked #2 of 7 Tours in Medford
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Daily wine tours through out Southern Oregon and beyond. We are unique in that our tours focus on education as well as fun. Our wine tours are fully guided and provide the personal attention that will make your experience an enjoyable and memorable way to spend your day. Tours consist of, tasting at four wineries, gourmet picnic lunch, wine glass, and tasting fees.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

With minimal reviews here on tripadvisor, I booked a group tour with Wonders of Wine based on the few nice comments. Having never been on a wine tour before, I'd have to say, I'd question whether I would do one again or not, as our group of 10 was very disappointed overall. We were picked up on time in a limo, but as far as interacting with us, etc. it was non-existent. I got the feeling Jodi was having a bad day, as she just sat in the back of the limo not saying two words to us. This is totally opposite of the expectations I had based on a friends wine tour with a different company. Needless to say, we chose poorly and I can't recommend them.

1  Thank frogfan63
winegal55, Owner at Wonders of Wine, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Although our goal is to please all our clients, human nature does not permit this. When taking groups out wine tasting, large or small I try not to be apart of the group. It is their day to enjoy each other’s company, the wine and the beautiful valley. I do interact by telling about the wineries we visit, offer suggestions on wine, and answer any questions. My job is to make sure all needs are taken care of to insure that our clients have the best time possible.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was a great adult time. We visited 4 wineries in the Applegate Valey. Snacks to munch on in the car (great crackers and cheese, nuts, and water) that didn't get in the way of the rest of the event. The wineries were unique -- one featured Italian wines, one Spanish. We got a chance to talk with owners about their experiences. Jodi provided a lovely lunch with just the right touches to make the day (it was our wedding anniversary) special. Schmidt Winery (where we ate) is a real gem, with fabulous grounds to go with a great variety of wine. With so many wineries to choose from in Southern Oregon, Jodi is amazing in what she knows about them. I'd highly recommend this experience as a gift for someone special or a treat for you and your friends.

3  Thank MaureenS538
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We toured four wineries today with Wonders of Wine and the owner Jodi. My wife and I were very impressed with the wineries chosen, the familiarity of each winery by Jodi and the fun we had during our trip. We were picked up exactly on time, with water & cheese/crackers to begin our journey. At the third winery, a freshly made gourmet picnic lunch was set up for us by Jodi at a picnic table in the wonderful sunshine. The lunch was excellent. The wineries were excellent choices and Jodi is a winery tour guide of the highest quality. We had a lot of fun, learned some information about Southern Oregon Wineries and laughed together during our trip. We can recommend Jodi and Wonders of Wine with absolutely no reservation whatsoever. Thanks for the great afternoon !!

3  Thank Rainbows4Sale
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Our tour guide picked us up from our home and had a detailed day of 6 wineries in The Rogue Valley. Even though we live in Southern Oregon it is amazing how many wineries we didn't know were even there! Jodi had snacks and water for us to have during the trips between the wineries, she was able to have us meet wine makers at several of the wineries had a spectacular lunch which we loved! Me and my wife enjoyed the entire day from start to finish and recommend Wonders of Wine to anyone who enjoys wine and a great time!

2  Thank Bob C
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We had a fantastic day with Jodi of the Wonders of Wine Tour.
She picked us up at our hotel exactly on time and drove to the very beautiful Applegate Valley west of Medford. We visited 4 wineries and also the town of Jacksonville. Jodi provided a wonderful lunch at the Schmidt Winery (not to be missed).
We have taken many wine tours in Napa and Sonoma Valleys but this was by far the best value for the money of any of the tours we have taken.

6  Thank PGrove