“Sunrise Surprise in Medford.”
Review of Sunrise Cafe

Sunrise Cafe
Ranked #70 of 299 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Hawaiian, Barbecue, Polynesian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Sunrise Surprise in Medford.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am surprised a lot as I travel around the USA who'd a thunk it a Hawaiian restaurant in Medford, OR! What we had was very good and this place deserves a visit if you are in the downtown part of Medford, OR. We had salads and coffee all of which had as delightful Island touch really fresh ingredients and a delicious dressing. The owner operator is a delightfully energetic lady from Hawaii. There are things on the menu including ingredients like Spam that only one would find in Hawaii. Would like to come back and sample some more of the dishes. Everything we had was very good and reasonably priced. Lunch of large salads and endless coffee set us back just 20 bucks. Service was excellent with a distinctly friendly Hawaiian flair. There were lots locals there too a good sign for sure.

• Visited April 2013

Eastern Oregon
“Huge portion”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Not listed as Sunrise Cafe in the phone book, it is listed as Ed Chun's Sunrise Cafe. I could not find it so used the internet as I had read reviews and wanted to try. We brought home enough for 2 more meals. I had a Panko fried chicken breast with curry sauce - I liked the flavor of the sauce, and the brown rice along with it. Potatoes and carrots and peas in the sauce with even more chicken pieces. My guest had barbequed pork and loved it. I could not try the pineapple sherbert but next time we are in Medford I will get that. Lots of neat Hawaiian Dishes, Fast service. They no longer sell Lagunitas on tap, one of the reasons we went there....but they do have Mirror Pond in bottles. And a big assortment of wines. A popular lunch spot.

Visited March 2013
Medford, Oregon
“Tried it twice, won't go again”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Sunrise is a very average downtown cafe with, in my experience, less then average food. The specialty is Hawaiian fare so that is what I went with the first time. The predominant flavor is salt. Salty pork, salty macaroni salad, salty coleslaw... yes I thought is was odd to have salty salads. The spicy pork wasn't. The table sauce is just not good at all, I'm not even sure what it is supposed to be.

I gave the cafe another try and went with burger because it was recommended. It tasted like one I would fry at home. Again I had salty coleslaw... I figured the first time was a fluke, nope!

I had high hopes for Sunrise but was disappointed. I won't be back.

MEDFORD
“A very pleasant experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Six of us decided to give the Sunrise Cafe a try for Friday dinner and were very satisfied with the result. The mahi mahi was cooked with minimal seasoning and tasted wonderful. Others in the group tried the huli chicken and pulled pork and both entrees were very tasty. The portions are not huge but very adequate, which is a plus in my book. We are going to dine here again in the near future on a Friday night-they only serve dinners Friday - Sunday; Tuesday-Thursday they are open for lunches.

• Visited January 2013
Medford, Oregon
“Caterer”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

They catered an event for us. It was great food!! The owner personally delivered. We were wowed, the food was amazing!!

Visited June 2012