“Tried it twice, won't go again”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunrise Cafe

Sunrise Cafe
Ranked #66 of 298 Restaurants in Medford
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Medford, Oregon
“Tried it twice, won't go again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Sunrise is a very average downtown cafe with, in my experience, less then average food. The specialty is Hawaiian fare so that is what I went with the first time. The predominant flavor is salt. Salty pork, salty macaroni salad, salty coleslaw... yes I thought is was odd to have salty salads. The spicy pork wasn't. The table sauce is just not good at all, I'm not even sure what it is supposed to be.

I gave the cafe another try and went with burger because it was recommended. It tasted like one I would fry at home. Again I had salty coleslaw... I figured the first time was a fluke, nope!

I had high hopes for Sunrise but was disappointed. I won't be back.

MEDFORD
“A very pleasant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Six of us decided to give the Sunrise Cafe a try for Friday dinner and were very satisfied with the result. The mahi mahi was cooked with minimal seasoning and tasted wonderful. Others in the group tried the huli chicken and pulled pork and both entrees were very tasty. The portions are not huge but very adequate, which is a plus in my book. We are going to dine here again in the near future on a Friday night-they only serve dinners Friday - Sunday; Tuesday-Thursday they are open for lunches.

• Visited January 2013
“Caterer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

They catered an event for us. It was great food!! The owner personally delivered. We were wowed, the food was amazing!!

Visited June 2012
Pleasanton, California
“Yummy Plate Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The plate lunches are delicious- Lots of food for a great price- The gal that served us was full of energy!

• Visited July 2012
Medford, Oregon
“The Best Hawaiian Food In Medford!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I went with the Hawaiian Style Plate Lunch with Huli Huli Chicken and Ed's Famous Pulled Pork. It was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. Huge portions and great service. Lagunitas IPA on tap and several varieties of local wines. Open for lunch M-F and dinners on Friday 5-8. Friendly owner who supports local non-profits. Contender for the best lunch spot in Medford.

• Visited April 2012