“Still great”

Pomodori Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #14 of 308 Restaurants in Medford
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Great local bistro that has been doing a great lunch and dinner business here in medford since 2008. We specialize in northern style cooking with our own northwest flair. Using local ingredients when we can. We have the largest local wine selection in the area. And also one of the first to have local really quality red and white wines on tap as well.
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Liked the ambiance of the old location a bit better.
Food and appetizers were great!
Had the pork salibocca (sp) wife had the scallop pesto. Goat cheese and red peppers and the Brie w/ carmelized onions were tasty as noted by our 2 dining guests.
Will return again and again!

1  Thank RoniRanger

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is the type of dining experience you expect when you go out. We were there for an early dinner. The food, service, atmosphere and value are all excellent. My wife had the Lemon Rockfish and I had the Wild Salmon. The sauces were wonderful. The portions were just right, including the sides. The salads and our vegetables were fresh and crisp. Overall, we were more than pleased. We'll be back!

1  Thank afletch
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Pomodori has a new location on East Main, so my daughter and I decided to try it out. Delicious! The pasta I ordered - with scallops and shrimp - was melt-in-my-mouth amazing. I saved some for my husband...he, too, thought it was superb. As they were out of iced tea I had lemonade which was, again, delicious. For dessert we split a mud pie. It was "dry" (not nearly enough hot fudge sauce) but still quite good. The server was professional and friendly and the meal was served promptly...and it was HOT. Overall the meal was exceptional and I'll be returning.

1  Thank LuvCHOCOL8
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had dinner here last night on a whim as we passed by their new location on Main street. I love this spot and I am so glad to see a classy restaurant has taken up occupancy. I did think this was a second location for Pomodori until the owner informed us that this was a permanent move.
I'll start with my only negative of the evening, we were not greeted when we entered. All I need is a quick "Hi, we'll be right with you" and I'm happy but no one said anything to us until they came to seat us. Granted this was a mere couple of moments but it's not a good start.
From there, everything else was superb. The server (who is the owner Jeff), was great - very personable and helpful. I had samples of wine (very generous samples) and took the recommendation for the special of the day - a prime rib dish with a cream sauce. This was the tenderest prime rib I have EVER had.
We also had the house made tiramisu. I am a fan of tiramisu, I make it myself (with homemade ladyfingers) but this was perhaps the best I have had. So GOOD - it is a must try!
We'll be back again. Lunch is a great option too, with lots of menu choices all around $10 and including a soup/salad option.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in town for a Memorial Day soccer tournament and checked tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. Too often, Italian food can be bland but you don't have to worry about bland at Pomodori -- their soups and entrees were outstanding -- flavorful and delicious. Good desserts and wine selections too. If we make it back to Medford, we will definitely stop again.