Review Highlights
went by back in June 2017 when I was out in Medford area really nice place for a lake

I went there drove down to the dock and boat rental place got in up to my knees, brrrrrrrr talked... read more

Reviewed March 19, 2019
SenorPescado
Wilmington, North Carolina
...an ez escape...

As long-time residents not far from Howard Prairie Lake, we can say that for a quick trip or... read more

Reviewed October 2, 2018
swingman4
Ashland, Oregon

All reviews great place to get away beautiful area only down side water level hiking trails camp boat ashland fishing store rv cabin forest season
Reviewed June 21, 2018

My husband and I spent a full day at Howard Prairie Lake, while in Ashland Oregon for a family reunion. Absolutely beautiful area, about 45 minutes outside of downtown Ashland. It wasn't too crowded during our visit (although we were there outside of the high-festival season) and we had a great time renting a small motor boat and taking it out on the water. I highly recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed May 17, 2018

Beautiful, peaceful campground with direct access to the lake! The water level is lower this year than last year, but still a great place to get away!! Love it here!!! We have a 36' RV with one slide and we had plenty of room to set up in the site.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed September 13, 2017

We love to camp here at Grizzley Camp Ground when lake level is still high. Resort has the best soft serve ice cream around. We generally camp at this lake 1-3 times a year.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank suemJ2191HR
Reviewed August 16, 2017

In the late spring this is such a beautiful drive with expansive views over the mountains, alpine valleys and pasture land. So lovely and relatively undeveloped, thank goodness. You need to be OK with switchbacks and hairpin turns. I am; however, this drive is not for the reckless or squeamish. Enjoy!

Date of experience: April 2017
2  Thank blissfulliving
Reviewed July 17, 2017

We recently spent a few days at Howard Prairie where we thoroughly enjoyed a boat ride on this beautiful lake as well as some hiking around the lake. The campgrounds are maintained very well by the staff, which is much appreciated!

Date of experience: June 2017