“Incredible! This is THE place to stay in Medford!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Monmouth, OR
“Incredible! This is THE place to stay in Medford!”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We booked 14 rooms for guests (friends and family) traveling to Medford for our son's wedding and I cannot say enough great things about the Homewood Suites and their staff.

The rooms were spacious, clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Having a kitchen in our suite was awesome and we now know that the full sized refridgerators will hold at least 5 Costco cheesecakes! The rooms were all very modernly decorated and it was nice to have large LCD televisions in both the living area and the bedroom.

Staff were incredibly helpful in making sure our arriving guests were given welcome bags that we had prepared ahead of time. Staff also accommodated our request for extended pool hours on the night of the wedding and we all had a great time winding down in the pool and spa after a long, but exciting day.

The motel was also very conveniently located for all of the events we attended this particular weekend and it was nice being so close to I-5, but far enough away to not hear the freeway traffic. Lots of convenient, well lit parking with a fully booked motel too!

I can confidently say that Homewood Suites won over 12+ families and will be seeing a lot more of us in the future.

• Stayed August 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Western United States
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This hotel was excellent. The hotel seemed brand new and everything was very clean. The lobby was large and clean. The pool, fitness room, business center, and exterior (they had a basketball court) was also really nice. I didn't like how the rooms are in an interior corridor building that is isolated from the lobby, especially in a location like this where it rains a lot, but that doesn't really impact the performance of this hotel. The room was decent sized and very functional.

They provide a full hot breakfast each morning with the room rate. They also provide a dinner Monday-Thursday nights. It appeared beverages such as coffee and tea were available, free, during all hours in the lobby. The business center was also free of charge.

The hotel is in a quiet, safe location isolated from other hotels a bit, though near I-5, far enough that the noise and other associated issues with interstate lodgings were not an issue.

The staff at this hotel was also very, very friendly. I'm used to some rather robotic style scripting at Hilton properties, but the people at this property were just genuinely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
allen, tx
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This homewood suites was very comfortable and the staff was extreme friendly. My wife and I had a corner room on the top floor. The room was clean and comfortable. Everything in the room worked fine without issues. We were there during the heatwave and the A/C worked extremely well, It kept the room at very comfortable level. The free breakfast was good and there were lots of choices. The wife and I will stay here again the next time we are in Medford.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I just happened upon Homewood Suites while searching the Internet. We had never stayed in Medford so I wasn't sure where to stay. This property looked good, I booked it and now feel like we hit the jackpot. I could go on and on but I won't because I have to agree with all the previous reviews. We will look for Homewood Suites by Hilton from now on wherever we travel. As the staff say's "Welcome Home"

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2009

The suite was comfortable, breakfast was good. We heard that the light dinner at the reception was excellent, although we didn't get to partake of it. The customer service was outstanding. Everyone went out of their way to please. You get alot for your money at this hotel, even if you pay the rack rate, but many discounted rates are available. The suite was quiet and tastefully decorated. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, OR
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I go to Medford on business 3-4 times per year and have stayed in many lodgings there and in Ashland over the years. Time to stop looking, because this place really does have it all. Manager's reception? That is no manager's reception or light snack: it is all the dinner you are going to need. Ours was stir fry (exceedingly fresh vegetables) with chicken, rice, egg rolls, egg flower soup, and a salad bar featuring artichoke hearts, snow peas and more. Plus complimentary beer and wine. Breakfast, yes, certainly the obligatory waffles, but where else have I had potato pancakes at a complimentary breakfast (and they were good, I mean really good!)? Yes, the correct answer is nowhere.....except here. The rooms? Like a brand new apartment: full kitchen, large front room (w/ flat screen TV), large separate bedroom (w/ another flat screen TV), very fine bathroom and shower facilities. The menu for the month's dinners is hanging on the refrigerator (which is not of the 2 feet high variety). Extraordinarily helpful staff and very attentive at the meals. Bring your basketball, as there is a sport court w/ hoop on the grounds, though maybe they have balls to loan out, too. Largest exercise room I have seen and I did use the weights and the treadmill. Clean? Spotless. Of course, it is only 7 months old, so it may not be hard to keep clean yet, but, I have a feeling they are going to keep it that way. Not much nearby, but the Homewood is right off the new exit on the south end of town. This place was so good that I would even recommend it for those who are in S.Oregon to attend the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland. It will be worth the 11 mile drive.

• Liked — The breakfast and the dinner. And just about the nicest rooms ever.
  • Disliked — It can be a long way to walk from the elevators to your room, but tht quite minor.
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I stayed at this Homewood Suites for Business My stay was from March 23, 2009 through April 10th and flying home on the weekends. This just recently opened and the moment I walked into my room I felt like I was walking into a new apartment. There is hardwood floors, clean appliances and rooms. I felt like I was at home even and loved it. They even had popcorn for you to pop in the microwave. The beds were comfortable and I was able to actually sleep at night. I was able to get the same room each week which was really nice. The hotel staff were so friendly and wonderful! If I ever go back to Medford, OR I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business