“It's pretty decent.”

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Dallas, Texas
“It's pretty decent.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have very high expectations for the family of Hilton brands. It's my home away from home, as I travel a lot for work, and it's one less thing to worry about in my daily routine of traveling. I like that fact.

Overall, I like this hotel. I just think it could be better.

The good things about this hotel:

The beds are amazingly wonderful. The bedding is probably some of the softest, most comfortable that I've ever slept on (especially in a hotel). In fact, I apparently enjoyed it so much that I slept till 10 AM one morning - something I never, ever, ever do. The beds and pillows are everything you expect from a Hilton. The towels are soft, the bathroom is nice. The kitchenette is very nice, especially having a full size icebox with dining room table. The rooms are spacious and inviting, and most of all comfortable.

I really hate to complain about things, but I live for this website when I'm traveling, so it's only fair. The problems I have with this hotel are the fact that the sound proofing is worse than a cheap motel in the seedy part of town. All. Day. And. Night. you hear walking, running, banging around, doors slamming. Fortunately for me, I bring a small fan for white noise with me, so having it on high was able to drown it out. I get that no hotel is 100% soundproof, but you shouldn't be able to hear vacuuming, walking and such from all fronts in a hotel room.

There was only one other issue I had. I had made a reservation on my phone, via the Hilton app, and didn't pay attention to what kind of room I was getting. Turns out, (when I got to my room) that it was a smoking room (and a completely disgustingly filthy one at that - even for a smoking room). As someone who just quit smoking 8 months ago, I wasn't really keen on that. I opened the windows and such, thinking it would air out. I left to go get food and came back an hour and a half later, and called the front desk to see if they had something else to put me in. He said "how long have you been in the room?" I said "about an hour and a half or so" he said "oh no - I can't move you now because I can't sell the room. You'll have to come down in the morning." Alright. It's my own fault, no one else's, so I can suck it up and take the consequences (even though I haven't disturbed the room any except entering it and bringing some fresh air in). The next day, I was able to move rooms thanks to a different staff member with a name starting with K was extremely helpful and quickly rushed everything through to give me a new room.

Other than that, it's easy to get in and out of, there's good parking, most all of the staff is kind and helpful. I'll stay here again when in Medford; this time, making sure that I pay attention to my room reservation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the noise issue you had. We try our best to make sure all our guests have a nice quiet relaxing stay with us. Also I am glad that we were able to move you out of the smoking room and into a non-smoking room as soon as one became available.

I am happy that overall you had a good stay with us and were able to have a restful night of sleep. We have many guests compliment on how wonderful our beds are.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Medford Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Gold River, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Excellent service with a decent free breakfast and dinner meal served buffet style. Even served draft beer for free. It is easy to tell that the staff enjoy their jobs and are very helpful at all times.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. Thank you for the kind words regarding the staff service. Our team really does try to make everyone feel like they are at home while they are staying with us. I am glad that you were able to try out our Suite Start Breakfast and Welcome Home Reception. We have many guests comment on how much they enjoy the complimentary beer on tap and wine.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Medford.
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had such a wonderful experience with Homewood Suites. We recently got married so we worked with the staff to block some rooms for our guests. The whole process was smooth, the service was professional and courteous, the rooms are so big and beautiful, and the food was hot and welcoming every morning. We also had several kids who stayed that LOVED the pool and the food. We had several guests stay and all commented as to the wonderful accommodations and staff. Thanks so much to Wendy and the entire team at Homewood Suites!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your group’s recent experience at our hotel. Thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff and the hotel. We know that when you are planning a wedding you have so many more important items to worry about that where your friends and family are going to stay. We make it easy with your own personalized wedding page where anyone coming to the wedding can book their room online.

Thank you for your business and we are happy that we were able to help your wedding be a success.
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

To be honest, my secretary made this reservation for this hotel. When I received directions I noticed that I had stayed here before. Nothing on the exterior seemed o have changed: clean, not far from the freeway.
The desk clerk was friendly and hospitable. Checkin was flawless. My only complaint about the stay was that the front desk was shorthanded. An elderly couple who checked in before me, needed a luggage cart. There was no one else at the desk, and the young woman explained that she was not allowed to leave the desk unattended. I offered to roll the luggage cart to the end of the building where they were going to park their car in the handicapped space available. This gave me a chance to get some walking in after a long driving day as well as having a wonderful chat with this couple from Texas.
My room was clean, exactly what you would expect for this price range.
The breakfast service was much more adequately staffed than the evening service had been. The options for breakfast were the usual, fresh, hot, and good. The serving area was a bit crowded but plenty of seating available. This chain provides a tray in your room making it easier to carry meals back to "da bums" too lazy to get up in time or you "beloved" you are delighted to serve - depending on your point of view.
I will plan to stay here on my next trip to Seattle since it is the half way point.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your past experience at our hotel. I also wanted to thank you for helping out the elderly couple with the luggage cart. Usually we have multiple team members on staff to help our guests with requests such as this. They must have been assisting another guest. I am glad that you enjoyed the clean room and were able to take advantage of our Welcome Home Reception and Suite Start Breakfast.

Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time travel thru to Seattle.
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were originally going to stay only 1 night on our way home from California. Unfortunately, 2 out of our 3 kids got sick so we asked the hotel if we could stay an additional night. By moving some other guests around we were able to keep our same room for 1 more night to help let the kids recover.. The complimentary dinner and breakfasts were wonderful, especially since we didn't want to have to go out.

We really liked the full kitchen and 2 rooms.

The only downfall to this hotel was that our car was ransacked. Thankfully we brought ALL of our bags in including our Disney trip souvenirs. Nothing of value was taken but the car was left a mess. We were told that they had security go through the parking lot at night however we notice another car a few down from ours had a door open and was probably robbed as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad overall you had a good stay with us. And I am glad that we were able to extend your stay so the kids could get some more rest. I know being sick and traveling is not fun!!

I apologize for the issue with your vehicle. I am glad that nothing was broken or taken from the vehicle.

Thank you for your business and I hope that you will choose us again the next time you stay in the Medford Area.
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed August 7, 2013

From the first contact of setting up a hotel room with Homewood Suites by Hilton in Medford, Oregon to living there still two months later (moving to the area). I have been so impressed with the rooms, service, staff and mangement team. They make everyone from one-night stay guests to long stay guest such as myself feel so welcomed and part of the neighborhood. Nothing is too much for this staff. They do a remarkable job in making your stay the best. Be sure to ask for a list of eating places and fun things to do in the surrounding areas. They all have a vast knowledge of great recommendations.

I have stayed at many hotels in my life all over the country and world but staying long length here at Homewood has been a wonderful experience. Everyone who is planning a trip to the Southern Oregon area should stay at Homewood Suites in Medford, Oregon. It really is a home away from home experience.

Room Tip: If you want quiet ask for rooms behind the hotel. If you like to be close to the parking lot ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at our hotel. I think the title says it all! We are so happy that we made your long stay with us the best it could be. I appreciate all the kind comments about the hotel and especially about the staff. I will be sure to share your review with everyone. We know that you are not at home, but we want you to feel like you are.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I love this hotel! My husband and I stayed there with our four children (ages 5-16) on a driving trip from WA to CA. We stayed at this property on our way down and our way back. The staff goes beyond the call of duty to help. The dining room staff offered me extra food to take to our room after their week night dinner (basic dinner - not lots of choices, but free!) and then again, in the morning, the hostess offered me extra food to take with us on our trip. The rooms are very clean and huge! We had a two bedroom suite which was very comfortable for 6 people. 3 TVs and two bathrooms along with a full kitchen. Finally, my son left his prescription medication in the room on our way home and the hotel called us to tell us that they had it and then sent it overnight mail to us at no charge. Now that is customer service! We will stay here every time we go through Oregon!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences at our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stays with us. The 2 bedroom suites are amazing! They are basically like a small apartment. The suite has a living and kitchen area, with a complete bedroom and bathroom with 2 Queen Size beds. And then another separate bedroom and bathroom with a king size bed. This is perfect for a large family, or for a family that likes lots of room.

Thank you for the kind comments about the staff. We know how hard traveling with a family can be. We know that you are not at home, but we want you to feel like you are.

next time you travel thru Medford.