“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Medford
USA
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Great location for people visiting the Rogue Valley Manor. Close to I-5 and shopping. Room/suite had everything we needed. Nice breakfast room, but the food (pastries, hot items) was not very tasty.

Room Tip: We had to change rooms because we wanted a tub and forgot to ask for one. Some rooms have them, some...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are very close to the Rogue Valley Manor as well as the Rogue Valley Medical Center and several Golf Courses. I am glad that the room provided you with everything that you needed. Please accept my apologies for the quality of the breakfast food you experienced. We try our best to make sure all the food going out of the kitchen is fresh and delicious. I also apologize that you had to switch rooms. Our Studio Suites come equipped with a shower only and our 1 Bedroom Suites have a tub/shower combo.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you stay in the Medford Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Kingsburg, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice now and have loved it both times. The hotel is new, clean and spacious. The lobby area is very nice, and there is a fire in the fireplace. The staff are pleasant, polite and helpful. The rooms are excellent, very spacious and extremely clean. I love that there is a small kitchenette in the rooms as well as a sitting area. You feel like you can spread out a little. The bathrooms are adequate in size, and the Neutrogena bath amenities are a nice touch. The beds are so comfortable, it is very easy to fall asleep and stay asleep!! We have had rooms on both sides of the hotel, and have never heard outside noise, or noise from another room. The full breakfast in the morning is a step above other similar priced hotels. The rates are great for the hotel and all that you get. We will be staying here again!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. I am glad that you found the room and hotel very spacious and clean. We have had many compliments on how comfortable our beds are and how guests have had a great night’s sleep. I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as we try to have something for everyone. I hope that next time you will have the opportunity to enjoy our complimentary Welcome Home Reception that we have Mon-Thur from 5:30-7:30 in the evening.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Medford Area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Homewood Suites in Medford for 13 days.  I had need of temporary housing in my home town, and I was relatively familiar with nearby comparable properties (two Marriots, and a Comfort Inn).  Even though I am a loyal Marriot customer, I chose the Hilton because the cost was about the same, the rooms seemed larger (I had a one bedroom) and better lit (the Marriots seemed a bit cave-like), but mostly because I knew from another stay a few weeks prior that the Hilton provided evening meals M-Th.  For this stay, having meals was a very nice value-add.  The interesting thing is that as far as I can tell, this meal is not advertised or even mentioned on their website.  If I had not stayed here another time I wouldn’t have known about it, and I wouldn’t have chosen the Hilton this time.  (I could have earned enough “points” by staying at the Marriot to give me a free night.)

As it turns out, neither the breakfast nor the dinner were of much use to me. There is only one entree, and there is heavy use of beef and pork in both meals, neither of which I eat. I noticed several other customers asking for non-meat options at dinner, as well. It is really a lousy selection for those of us who prefer lighter, less red-meat oriented meals, even at breakfast. If you love bacon & sausage, though, you’ll love this place. And it’s only a few blocks away from one of the top cardiac surgery hospitals in the country, so you’ve got that covered! Check ahead re availability of the meals, it may be a seasonal offering.

Comfort: The rooms are nice, roomy, the furniture is very functional. Heating was relatively quiet, as were the rooms. I could hear sounds through the bathroom ventilation and walls, but very muffled. Unlike other places I’ve stayed, the ventilation does not blow directly on the bed which makes for more comfort. I have a bad back, but I found the bed itself to be very comfortable. Overall, I’d rate comfort very high.

Safety: The interior of the hotel is as safe as it could reasonably be. I do have some complaints, though. The layout is a bit odd; to get to the dining area it’s often easier from my room to walk outside to get to dining. We had several below-freezing mornings, and the walks were very icy. They did not salt the walks on those days. They did salt on a snow day, but actually the icy day was much more dangerous because it was invisible, especially before sunrise. Also, the branches of the small trees hung over the walkway at about shoulder height; in the dark I’d be whacking myself with those nearly invisible branches and slipping on the ice. I think this must be a huge liability for the hotel. Also, the day I moved in I noticed that the grab-bar in my bathtub was loose. I told the front desk about it and the response was “do you want us to fix it?” Seemed like a no-brainer to me, especially since I’d taken the trouble to mention it. I told them it was up to them but it seemed like a risk to the hotel not to fix it. The maintenance guy was up and fixed it promptly and was very friendly.

Staff: I’d put it this way. The housekeeping and maintenance staff felt like family. Always happy, always seeking to please, very personable. Same with the servers in the dining area. At the desk, a mixed bag. I didn’t have that much opportunity to interact at the desk, but I’d say the service is notch below what I’m used to at Marriots. They would respond to requests, but didn’t have that “how can I exceed your expectations” approach. But I must say that usually by the time I got to speak with one of them, I was already infuriated: There is no bell at the counter, and I would often stand there for quite some time before anybody stepped out from around the corner where they hang out. It’s incredibly frustrating to not know when/if someone will notice me standing there. On one occasion, I actually had to call the hotel phone number to tell the clerk I was waiting at the desk for assistance. The phone rang 6 times, by the way, before the clerk came out looking as if I’d interrupted a nap. For this reason alone, I would not stay here again.

Amenities: There is no ethernet, and the WiFi was spotty. There were two evenings where I could not log on. It just seemed more clunky than other hotels I’ve stayed in. The pool and spa were nice. I’ve already mentioned that the food was not to my taste, but I must say the coffee was quite satisfactory which is a HUGE deal to me. Also, complimentary wine or local beer at the evening meals was a very nice surprise. The exercise room was adequate.

Green: There’s the usual notice that the sheets will only be changed on a schedule to save the environment, but there is not any recycling in the room. Also, the spa timer was broken and as far as I can tell it ran continuously unless someone would turn it off manually. I don’t see much commitment to operating green.

Overall, it’s close to the freeway if you’re traveling, not bad except for a few fixable flaws. Strengths are the nice room layouts, comfort and feel. It’s the newest hotel in the area. Weakness are food selection (some might see it as a strength, though), spotty internet, and service at the desk. Depending on personal preferences, I’d probably recommend another hotel if a friend asked.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linkup
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I appreciate all the comments and suggestions as this will help us to improve our hotel and service in the future.

I am glad that you found the rooms very accommodating and comfortable. It's especially nice when the bed is comfortable when you stay as many nights as you did.

I apologize that you did not enjoy the breakfast or dinner. For breakfast we do usually have some type of eggs and meat. We also have fresh fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal and other items to try and accommodate all our guests’ tastes.

For dinner we usually have a variety of menus for the week; such as peppered steak, fish, stuffed shells, chicken, lasagna, etc. We also provide a salad bar every night for those guests who may not prefer the main dish. While we do have a variety of menus, we are always looking for different meals that may accommodate more of our guests. We also post the menu in the rooms so that so that our guests can plan their dinner schedule.

Thank you for your business and thank you again for all the great feedback.
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed here on our way to Monterey for our anniversary. You can count on this location for great service and a clean almost new room. Only draw back was peoples pets barking from their rooms at night. We have dogs also but do not bring on trips, hmmm maybe we should LOL. But overall a pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that the service was great and the room was clean. Please accept my apologies for the noise issues you experienced. We are a pet friendly hotel and we try to make sure that pet’s do not create any issues for our other guests, particularly noise. We have a pet policy that the guest must sign and we also charge a non-refundable pet fee, so that we can deep clean the room upon check-out.

Thank you for your business and I am glad that overall you had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to see you the next time you pass thru the Medford area.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

This seemed like a fairly new property. If it's not new, the management should be given a thumb's up for keeping up such a nice appearance. Room was spacious, spotless, and decorated very nicely. Not a detail out of place and was a very pleasant stay, especially for the price!

Room Tip: Stayed in king studio. Very spacious and well decorated, clean!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. The hotel is only 3 year s old and we do our best to keep it in like new condition. I am glad you found the rooms spacious and clean. I hope you had the chance to enjoy our many amenities included in the price.

Yuba City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

Our first time in a Homewood. Staff was helpful; amenities were great. Our room was huge and well furnished, very comfortable. Even though we were near the freeway, it was a very quiet facility. Full breakfast was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Halls are long. If walking is a problem for you, request a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am glad that you found the staff helpful and the room comfortable. Don’t forget that we also have our Welcome Home Reception with complimentary beer and wine, Monday thru Thursday from 5:30-7:30pm.

West Linn, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

I just enjoyed my fourth stay at this property, which is located at the south end of Medford just off a convenient I-5 interchange. As with previous stays, I was greeted warmly, checked in quickly and professionally, and on my way to my studio suite. Dinner was still being served when I checked in. I still am impressed that for the relatively low nightly rate during the work week Homewood Suites offers a full breakfast each morning and a satisfying dinner (with a nice salad bar) in the evening.

My studio was spotless. In fact the entire hotel looks as if it has just opened despite the fact that it's now been open for several years. The studios and suites offer a kitchen, eating area, and combination work area-desk/living room/bedroom (sofa-bed and kingsize bed with nice duvet. The bath/dressing area is large and well-lit.

I am a long-time Hilton Diamond HHonors member and even after multiple stays spanning several years, I continue to be impressed by the quality and value this Hilton-branded property offers. I highly recommend it to you (in fact, as it's not far from Ashland, I'd view this hotel as an ideal location as a "base" when attending the Shakespearian Festival).

Room Tip: Ask for a suite/room on the 3rd or 4th floors
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paul S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Medford, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience’s at our hotel. I am glad you enjoy our many amenities and our spacious guest rooms. We try our best to keep the entire hotel in like new condition for our guests.

We have had many guests stay here while they attend the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland. In fact we will have a Shakespeare Package once the season starts this year.

Thank you for your continued business and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Medford.