“Didn't feel safe at this hotel”
Review of Shilo Inn Medford

Shilo Inn Medford
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed November 6, 2009

This is the worst hotel imaginable. I would never consider a Shilo Inn again. I didn't even stay the full night of my reservation and checked out early. I read reviews that said the building had been updated. I don't know what management considers upgrades, but the hallways were dark, the elevator was extremely slow, and my room was in a dark back corner. The door frame was falling apart. There was a gap at the top of the door which made the door not close properly, and I am not even sure that the door even locked all the way. The TV tid not work. The room was musty and stinky. The bedsheets looked like they had not been changed. i have stayed ay many hotels in the Medord area since I travel to Medford two weekends month. I was attracted to the nice low rates, but I will gladly pay more to go stay in a safe secure hotel where I know I will get a good night sleep and not have to worry about whether or not I will be safe during the night hours. The hotel also left the front door open during the dark night hours, which made me uncomfortable. The free internet also didnt work.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Medford

Reviewed September 2, 2009

We arrived in a flurry with our whole family which was a lot of us, the front desk clerk was friendly and calm under all that we put her through. When we got to our rooms we were unconcerned with anything but getting some sleep. My whole family was pleasantly surprised to find that the rooms were very clean, spacious, and comfortable, even though one room had as many as five persons in it. We all agreed we wish we could have stayed longer but alas it was only for two nights. Thank you people at Shilo Inn, we will see you again soon.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Medford_GM, General Manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2009

Dear 12277lizzard,

I am so please to hear about your family’s great experience with Shilo Inns. Family time is important and we feel that your stay with us should be effortless so that the attention stays on your family. I’m glad that our spaciously appointed guest rooms were to your liking.

I hope in the future we can serve you and our family again, at any of our 40 great Shilo Inns in 10 western states.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2009

Not enough electrical outlets. This seems to be a problem across the board in motels and even in upscale hotels. Coffee pot had to be moved over to the sink and then it didn't work because it tripped the circuit. Had to unplug a lamp to have an outlet for my laptop.

Cleanliness was a "concern", and I'm not sure the sheets had been changed. Ewwww.

They do have airport transportation and let me have a late checkout, so that was a plus.

"free breakfast" was not a plus but that's a personal choice. See coffee pot issue.

WiFi cut in and out.

I knew that Shilo Inns weren't "upscale", but it met my immediate needs.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo

Dear shubeteach,

Thank you for your thoughts; as we constantly try to improve our guest’s experience. I am pleased to report that new desk lamps with additional plug-ins have been installed to accommodate and remedy the need for additional outlets.

We have also expanded our continental breakfast: with fresh waffles, breakfast burritos, Danish and muffins, etc.

Reviewed August 27, 2009

Upon entering the hallway that leads to the rooms, there was a musty smell. Our room had a musty smell, too. Requested another room, which she was kind enough to give us, but that room smelled of cigarette. The hotel is non-smoking. The bedcovers had hair on them. Bed sheets were stained and smelled strongly of Clorox. It looked like the carpet was not vacuumed, or it could be permanent stain. Bathroom tiles were moldy. Staff were nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Medford_GM, General manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2009

Dear Rhodes32,

Thank you for your thoughts; we welcome your comments in an effort to improve our guest’s experience. I apologize that stay was less that perfect.

I am glad that the staff was helpful and nice. I apologize that the room was not up to your expectations. I hope that you will return so that we can show you the improvements to the building and staff. All Shilo Inns are now 100% smoke free!

Reviewed August 12, 2009

i had never heard of shilo inn before and found its amenities to be comprable for any hotel of this price range. the staff was extra helpful in getting me around town for food. and they also gave me advice on some fun activities i could do for my stay. I wish i would have known about the shilo inn sooner.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Medford_GM, General manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2009

Dear seaxu,

Thank you for your business and positive comments. It is our goal to help every guest enjoy the Medford area as much as possible while visiting, I’m proud of our staff to achieving our goals.

There are 40 great Shilo Locations in the 10 western states for you to choose from, so we hope you’ll choose to stay with Shilo the next time you need overnight accommodations.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2009

This Shilo Inn hotel is a bit tired; it needs some major updating. The breakfast bar is tired too. The staff was very nice, but the rooms are what count, and our room left much to be desired.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Medford_GM, General Manager at Shilo Inn Medford, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2009

Dear easygoingwesternUS,

Thank you for your thoughts; we welcome your comments in an effort to improve our guest’s experience. I apologize that your stay was not what you expected.

I am glad that the staff was helpful and I agree that the rooms are what count. I hope that you will return so that we can show you the improvements to the building and staff.

Reviewed July 8, 2009

This was our first stay at a Shilo Inn property and we were pleasantly surprised especially after reading a couple previous reviews. The room and bathroom were very clean. The staff welcoming and friendly and the breakfast was what we expected. We would recommend walking the bike/pedestrian trail adjacent to the hotel. There is a lovely park (Hawthorne) with gardens that we thoroughly enjoyed after travelling all day. We'd recommend this property with no hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear zambonne,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inns – Medford. We value the opinions of our guests. I am glad that you were able to use the many free amenities that Shilo offers our guests.

If traveling thought the area we hope that you stay at the Shilo Inns – Medford and try our new continental breakfast.