“Great place to stay - watch out for the birds!”
Review of Comfort Inn North

Comfort Inn North
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Our room was great. Slept good here. There are millions of black starlings that are around here to roost in the trees at one end of the parking lot each night. They are amazing to watch. Just be careful you don't park under those trees. Great breakfast - had lots of great fruit - including strawberries and fruits you never see at other hotel breakfast. Hotel personnel were tops and so friendly and informative. Nice restaurant to walk to right next door. We felt lucky to find this great place with quiet air conditioning on this 90 degree day.

Room Tip: Our room was a front room just down from the pool and it was very quiet here.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Coming back from LA to Seattle, we ended up here for the night. I read reviews on Tripadvisor, and had decided to stay at the Quality Inn & Suites, based on reviews. Unfortunately when we rolled into town, I pulled up the map, and mistakenly drive to this place (after the ceremonial loop around the highway before you can figure out how to get in)

The man running the front desk was rude. The hallways smell horrible. The room smelled slightly better than the hallways. The bedding has probably been in use since the 80's. We were glad it was only for a few hours sleep. I have stayed in worse, and that is the only reason I can give this place a "2". (granted, these other places were in the bario's of central America)

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Ronlars
EclecticTaste, Owner at Comfort Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

While true the entrance is difficult to find (thanks to ODOT), I don't feel the other elements of this review are entirely accurate.

The bedding, carpet, and furniture was all changed in 2007, certainly has not been in use since the 80's (the hotel was built in the mid-90's). Not sure what odors may have been present in the hallways, but I have every confidence in my housekeeping staff. Our 2 Gold Awards from Choice in the last 4 years reflect the very high level of cleanliness and service we offer. I am very sorry to learn you feel the front desk staff was rude. The individual on duty will definitey be shown your review, and reminded of the level of service we expect from our staff.

Thank you for the comments and the opportunity to respond.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

I often stay in Medford, although usually at a bed and breakfast. But, I'm on an economy kick, so decided to check other options.

There are two Comfort Inns in Medford, I stayed at Comfort North in January 2011.

First, the positives: Front desk staff was pleasant and rooms were quiet, of course, the property was nearly empty the night I stayed.

Negatives included a "never knew about until I saw it on the bill," $1.50 "safe fee." Not a great deal of cash, but it's the principle of it.

Second negative, although the posted room notice said checkout was at 12:00 noon, I received a call from the front desk at 11:30 a.m. noting that "everyone else in the hotel has checked out, you are still there?"

Third strike, although I am very comfortable with the Medford area, and know exactly where the Comfort Inn North is located, I found it difficult to find the exact entrance and ended up driving in circles for 15-20 minutes.

Fourth strike, bathroom had some minor cleaning issues. Hair on toilet seat and some -- admittedly tiny -- "leftovers" in toilet bowl (didn't look closely to determine type of said leftovers).

Breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn -- make waffles or make do with highly sugared pastries, muffins, etc. No yogurt, but apples and bananas were offered.

So, while the room was OK, except for the cleaning issue, and the property was quiet, I'd probably bypass it next time based primarily on the "hidden" safe fee.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Timbirr1
Reviewed October 15, 2007

As others have written, the "Lodge Access Road" is not obvious to the first timer. My advice is to get on Biddle Road either north or just south of the hotel.

From I-5 (north or south bound) get off at exit 30 and head East. You'll see a sign that says "Biddle Road/Airport". Get onto this access road. The Northbound exit will merge with the US-62 East offramp. Take a right at the light and go UNDER US-62. The "Lodge Access Road" will be immediately to your right.

If you're West bound on US-62 (returning from Crater Lake NP), take the "Biddle Road/Airport" offramp. You'll end up at a light. Take a left then take a left again into the "Lodge Access Road". If you go under US-62 you went too far and will need to turn around.

Upon a late Check In the Hotel Clerk was friendly and very courteous. The double bedded room was big and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and bigger than I would have expected. Breakfast is the same across all, if not most, of the Comfort Inns which includes make-your-own waffles, dry cereals, muffins, breads for toasting, limited Danishes, and Oatmeal to name some items.

One reason I chose this Comfort Inn is that I read in another review that the other Comfort Inn down the highway does not provide a fridge or microwave. I did not verify the other review. Another reason is that this hotel has relatively easy access to US-62 (Crater Lake Hwy) and I-5.

Closest restaurants and shopping are just due west of the I-5/US-62 intersection. There is a major dept store south (and across) of this Comfort Inn. Other shopping areas are located on US-62 east of this hotel.

If I were to visit Medford again, I would most probably stay here mainly for the easy access to the 2 main highways.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank hawaiian-kine
Reviewed September 2, 2007

Our family took in unexpected trip to Oregon and didn't have time to check out motels on TripAdvisor before leaving. Let me say that I am glad we didn't do any research because we would have never chosen the Comfort Inn.

CHECK-IN: We arrived without a reservation and were greated by a wonderful clerk. She gave us adjoining rooms at a decent price.

ROOM: EXCELLENT!! Very clean and fairly comfy beds. The room had a nice-sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and safe. The air conditioner was much quieter than most. Our only compaint...the couple next door to us had "relations" at 4:00 a.m. in the morning and we could hear them, along with their bed banging against our wall. Thankfully, it didn't last very long.

FACILITIES: In-door pool. Very clean. Had a nice, clean bathroom located next to the lobby/breakfast room. Elevator to upper floors!!!! They have a computer that is available for use. It worked faster than the one I have at home and came in very handy when trying to find info about our next destination.

COMP BREAKFAST: MUCH better than most. We were able to make our own belgium waffles. YUM. Cereal, yogurt, pasteries, toast, juice, fresh fruit, packaged oatmeal, coffee, tea, cocoa.

STAFF: The staff was very nice, but I give BIG kudos to the motel manager. At 1:00 a.m. there were a bunch of partying college students on a veranda, across from our motel room. They were LOUD!! I called down and spoke to the clerk, who I found out later was the manager. She said she would take care of it. Within 3 minutes, the noise completely ceased!! During breakfast, I asked for the manager to tell her how pleased I was at the how quickly the problem had been taken care of. She said she had done it for us by calling over to the restaurant/bar where the kids were partying. I was STUNNED! Talk about service. After a fifteen minute conversation, it became clear why this Comfort Inn is so good...the manager takes pride in what she does.

I HIGHLY recommend staying here if you are staying in Medford.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank 1happydisneygirl
Reviewed February 22, 2007

This hotel seemed to fit the bill for my Holiday travels. It was in a great location close to the interstate and town itself and provided us with a great room.

The asian lady who checked us in at night was VERY unfriendly, however, when all was said and done and we got to the room, we were more then delighted. Spacious bathrooms, tall ceilings, very clean room, everything you could ask for out of a comfort inn.

The breakfast in the morning was kind of a drag because it was the same thing each day of our stay. They didn't switch it up like they do in some of the other Comfort Inns.

During my second day, I got the pleasure to meet the General manager who came out to the breakfast room to talk to the guests and get a feel for how our stays have been.

She was SOOO nice. She told us how they were planning on having some renovation done soon to expand the breakfast rooms and add some suites? Also, she mentioned something about a new entrance to the property. I would ask her before coming that way you dont run into any noise problems.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. It's not a Hilton or Marriott, but it was just right and some for the price.

B+

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank numba1goalie
Reviewed August 9, 2006

Others have brought up how it's difficult to get to. That's the least of it. In a few years, I'm sure this place will be a family joke!

It took my 3yo about 5 seconds to find a sharp screw coming out of the wall, which he presented to me.

There is no guest laundry. The front desk staff can't tell you where a laundromat is (and think you're weird for needing to go). The room door was so heavy my 6yo almost squashed himself in it (so I guess it's the walls that have no soundproofing?).

The staff gave us one of the rooms next to the (very cold) indoor pool. We had a reservation and checked in before dinnertime. We listened to people yelling in the pool until 10 (and the pool is open til midnight). Then we listened to the pool filter going on and off all night. Then at 6am the dumpster truck came. At 6:05 people started getting ice from the ice machine (right outside our door). At 6:15 the construction at the motel next door began. There are 2 heavy sleepers in our family, yet both got no sleep here. We all left exhausted.

This motel has a standard Comfort Inn disclaimer in the room about how if you're not happy with your room you get a full refund. They do not honor this--in fact, they "couldn't believe" our room was so loud.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family