“Not bad for the price.”
Review of Days Inn Medford

Days Inn Medford
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Medford
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Before you read this, you should read my review of the Medford Travelodge. The Days Inn was just about what you'd expect for a budget motel. It was clean and the room was relatively spacious (for this class of motel). It was clean and there was free internet and modest breakfast. The price was reasonable. My only complaint was there are no King beds. I'm tall and so a queen is a little short, and they wanted an extra $20 for two queen beds. Since I was already paying for a room I didn't use (see the Travelodge review), I choose to just suck it up. If they had a king bed it would have been great, but overall it was certainly OK for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms are plenltiful during the week so no need to book in advance unless they have a special going...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Big mistake on my part, I didn't look for reviews before booking the room. Found a great price in the hotels coupon book and said why not. I've stayed at other Days Inns that were pretty good. All I can say is stay away. The room appeared clean but later I discovered spots on the blankets etc.
Never got the so called free internet connection to work either. It connected to their wireless infrastructure OK but it wouldn't go beyond that. Computer probably was smarter than I was!!
The "Free" Continental breakfast consisted of a few shrink wrapped muffins and a cup of coffee.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 409Guy
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We originally planned to stay at the Rodeway Inn (as suggested by positive reviews in Trip Advisor) but were steered to the Days Inn by the Tourist Information. as it was "newer and cleaner". Although it was cheap ($50), the service at the front desk was poor, the room was shabby, the bed was hard and uncomfortable, the room itself had seen better day and the wifi was very patchy. I longingly looked out the window to the Motel 6 which looked newer, had a pool, and was not so depressing. The room was clean but dark and dreary. The continental breakfast the next day consisted of pre-packaged pastries - one was so sweet as to be inedible and the other, a bran muffin, tasted exactly like I'd expect sawdust to taste.
We were only staying overnight on the way down to California but I would splash out for a better place such as a Best Western. Hey, you get what you pay for!~

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Like many, I wish I'd read the reviews. I've stayed in many, many motels while on roadtrips including sketchy ones but this is by far the worst and we will never come back.

They had no problems finding my reservation and asked if we had any questions (we didn't) and she repeated everything twice and kept telling us to use the elevator to get to the second floor (um no it's one flight). The doors to both sides of the hallway were wide open which should have been a red flag with the huge amounts of perfumed cleaner smell in the room.
Bathroom looked clean enough and we did our usual toss the comforter on the floor and check for bedbugs with no issue. After a quick nap on the blanket we went to Ashland for food and fun.
When we got back the doors to the hallway were closed and it REEKED of smoke. Weird given the $300 fine if you smoke. There were also more people and you could hear every voice and step anyone around you took. Still, it's a budget motel and we were ok with not walking barefoot and the thin towels. We also heard a dog shaking his tags from somewhere (pets are supposedly not allowed either - that's another fineable offense). STILL we were ok, but then we got into bed and I got all itchy and kept hearing rustling sounds like when the critters come by your tent when you're sleeping. I tried to ignore the loud people all around us and the churning fridge and go to sleep ( it was midnight ) but finally I gave up, turned on the light and looked in the sheets. We had mice in our office a couple of months ago so I know what mouse poop looks like and can confidently identify two pieces at my feet and another under my pillow. GROSS. thoroughly disgusted I grabbed a tissue and removed them and started reading reviews of this place. We usually read them almost obsessively but I thought I had stayed at this chain before and it was ok... Lesson learned!
In the staffs defense I did not mention the problem ( no other reviewer seemed to have any luck with that ) so I don't know what they would have done. I can't imagine the other rooms would have been any better...

In the morning we showered (the shower head is at chest height but was otherwise fine) and got the heck out of there! I did confirm the thick layer of dust behind the tv stand that someone else mentioned and for the record the fridge kept our drinks nice and cool... If not for the mouse poo and itchiness I would have been fine with the thin doors, loudness and sketchiness for the price... My fiancé lamented that I opened my eyes because what you dont know.... >___<

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Dontstayhereplz
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We needed a quick stay over motel, Days Inn Medford provided what we needed. We're not big on expensive stops. Everything was clean and efficient. Front desk staff did seem grumpy and provided basic info if asked. The prepackaged breakfast isn't much, but enough to get you past the early morning munchies.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Bad experience. Room was dirty, behind the tv cabinet probably hasn't been vaccuumed in 3 plus months, maybe 6. Refrigerator worked, micro wave worked, but had to take coffee pot into bathroom to use. No plugs available. To plug in, had to run cord over water faucet. Coffee they use is more like tea, terrible.
Bed was old and hard. Bottom sheets came off while you tried to sleep.
Price was right, but that was my mistake. Never again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank crafty1Lebanon_Or
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This place needs to be torn down! My room as full of flies. Stain on bed spreads. Hair in shower. Smelled terrible. Door was old and I didn't feel safe even locking it. Toilet seat was loose and unsafe to sit on. Free WiFi didn't work. Went for a swim in the pool...lots of dead bugs and other things floating. Felt dirty when I got out of the pool. Breakfast was terrible. Pre-wrapped danishes and rotten fruit. Yuk!

Stay ANYWHERE else!