“good night's sleep”

Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Medford
palm desert ca
“good night's sleep”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Very satisfied, except for the shower. It blasted the water and we got the floor very wet. Breakfast was good and very good television. I don't have anything more to say.Two hundred characters is a stupid rule.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've stayed in quite a few Holiday Inn Express establishment over the past month and, though they are in general very cut and paste, this was one of the better ones.

We were welcomed by some lovely ladies who couldn't have provided better service. They were polite, swift and, more importantly, very friendly and welcoming. The room itself was very similar to most of the rooms offered by this chain. Though lacking a fridge or microwave it was a decent size, with a fairly large attached bathroom. The free breakfast was extensive, hot and delicious.

Another plus about this hotel is that it within walking distance of a variety of fast food places, which makes grabbing a bite to eat without the hassle and stress of driving a breeze.

Certainly worth considering. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yreka, California
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel appears fairly new, staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately there are a few drawbacks to this hotel. First, it is located almost on the I-5 freeway so be sure to ask for a room not facing the freeway. Second, the staff provided me with a smoking room, claiming I don't have a preference. I did. (Why do hotels have smoking rooms still, especially in Oregon?)
Next,, there was no internet. Well they claim they have internet but the best I could get was 1Mbit/second, but the connection dropped every 20 seconds so I was unable to transfer important business documents. Finally you need to know you will be sharing your hotel with dozens of trucks outside your window as it is behind a major truck stop favorite.
The Comfort Inn, other Holiday Inn Expresses or the Hampton Inn are better choices

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Medford, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear sfpedel,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G
CA
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice new property. Awesome black-bottom pool in a warm room. Yummy cinnamon rolls with hot breakfast in the morning. Easy access to shops, restaurants, and the Harry and David store. Nicely priced, too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Burien, Washington
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family and I stayed overnight at the Holiday Inn Express Medford on our way back to Seattle from Anaheim, CA. We got in fairly late but were checked in quickly. The front desk clerk was helpful but I felt a bit flippant in her comments to my husband (with me standing right there), even to the point of being a little inappropriate. Suffice to say I have never had a similar experience when checking into a hotel anywhere. Regardless, we went up to our double queen room and were pleased with the cleanliness. The beds were comfortable and we fell asleep only to be woken up by the alarm clock going off at midnight! I'm still not sure who (former guests, employees?) thought it was funny to set an alarm for midnight. Back to sleep and up in the morning for showers. The bathroom was large with extra nice shower pressure. The free breakfast was appreciated but the breakfast attendant (an older lady) seemed really stressed out keeping coffee and food ready and available. All in all, an OK stay but I don't think we'd return, after the front desk clerk issue, the midnight alarm, and the stressed out breakfast lady. Next time we'll look at a different property in Medford.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dawnzascorp
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Medford, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear dawnzascorp,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I am glad you liked your room accommodations. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Jaime W
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am writing to thank the manager for accommodating our travel rescheduling/cancellation. I had an unexpected illness in the family and had to cancel my trip to Medford, and the manager of this hotel was extremely accommodating and easy to work with. I really appreciate the help and will keep this property in mind for future visits!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 24, 2013

There was nothing special to make me want to come back to this Holiday Inn. The breakfast was standard but nothing to write home about. The words organic, fresh, or locally procured is not in the vocabulary for this breakfast. The room is smaller than other Holiday Inn rooms where i have stayed. The cabinets have visible chips in them that could have been covered with scratch guard. On the bright side, there was a microwave and fridge. When I arrived, the room was warm and took over 4 hours to cool off. Make sure that you do not get a south facing room on a sunny day unless you want to be warm. The hotel does not recycle because of a shortage of trash container space. The hotel does not have signs asking people to reuse their towels. If green sustainability is important to you, this is not the place for you.

Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Medford, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear PlayfulPlatypus,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. We aim to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry you found this visit to be less than satisfactory especially with the condition of the room you were given. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Regards,