“Better than expected”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Portland, Oregon
“Better than expected”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I've worked in Mac for nearly six years. I eat lunch out most days. Despite those many opportunities to do so, today was my first lunch at Jake's...and I was pleasantly surprised. First of all, I had an impression of it based on driving past it. It's not at all like I expected. First of all, it's a small-town version of a NYC deli. They have an array of sandwiches both hot and cold. I had a meatball sandwich. My colleague ordered the better deal, a lunch special that included half of a cold cut sandwich, small salad and cup of soup that looked delicious.

The people were friendly and thrilled to have first-timers in. The place was clean with lots of tables. The food was slightly overpriced, but not bad. My sandwich, a small bag of chips and a soda came to ten bucks.

If you're tired of the same old Subway/Quizno sandwich, Jake's is a breath of fresh air. I'll go back, and in fact look forward to it.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank millron

Union, Oregon
“Best homemade soup”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Great for breakfast and lunch. Three choices of soup daily. Mushroom on Monday's, my favorite!! Comes with great toasted sourdough roll. Good pies and cake. Sandwiches made to order. Great family business.

• Visited September 2011
“Great old school deli and welcoming staff.”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Excellent and friendly staff. Reminds my husband of some of his favorite delis in NYC. A must stop!!

oregon
“The best peanut butter pie around!”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I've been visiting Jake's Deli since they opened. Have always enjoyed their sandwiches (made to order), but return time and time again for the peanut butter pie. It is their pie by which we judge all others!

Amity, Oregon
“breakfast was pretty good...”
Reviewed August 2, 2008

breakfast was pretty good...