“Average Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Seattle
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Decent beds. Fairly clean. No smoking facility was a real plus. Poorly insulated flooors resulting in noice from the above floors. Get the third floor rooms. Pleasant staff. Limited continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I needed a place for 1 night, this was reasonable, and where I wanted to be the next morning. The check in staff on Sunday night were very good, one lady was being trained. When I left in the morning, I felt sorry for the lady being trained. The man seemed to take delight that it was not policy to give a receipt as I had booked through a third party. I assured him I had not, but he was insistent that I did. I asked then for a copy of the receipt I had signed when checked in, he asked the lady to give me a copy, which she did do. HOW would anyone know what was being billed to their credit card, without a receipt? I also received a PRE registration email from GuestHouse, and a POST email from them about my stay, and the reservation I had made through them!!!
No I will not be staying their again, or recommending it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Person checking us in and the person checking us out did not present a professional attitude nor dress. The bathroom had mold around the bathtub. The curtain was stained. The sofa looked like it needed a good cleaning. There was no ice bucket in the room and the person at the desk could not find one for us. Breakfast left a lot tone desired. They did not even have hot chocolate.
On top of all of that the room was noisy from outside traffic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Superagent84

Travelers are raving about these McMinnville hotels

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here had a very professional person at the desk also quite helpful for setting us up with access to cab and quite enjoyable meal down town. We were heading home from a 101 trip on a Saturday after July 4 weekend. Room was clean and comfortable. Also had some pool time to cool down after motorcycle tour.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is an older motel that recently underwent a complete renovation, leaving the rooms fresh and clean with new fixtures, furniture, and bath/shower. When a friend who attended college in McMinnville told me that the hotels there were all very dismal, I didn't have high hopes for the GuestHouse Vineyard Inn. But I was incredibly impressed with the refurbished hotel -- a more than sufficient place to stay that I would return to next time I'm in the area.

Positives:
+ Reasonable rates (government rate of $70/night)
+ Very clean and spacious rooms with new everything (furniture, sheets, towels, etc.)
+ Thoughtful housekeeping -- they always left a note asking "are you sure you don't want service" when we put the "do not disturb" sign on the door
+ Pet friendly ($10/night)
+ Reliable WiFi service
+ Refrigerator and microwave in all rooms
+ Ample parking

Negatives:
- Could use more (and more accessible) power outlets

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank stargirlssc
GuestHouse M, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest (Stargirlssc)

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write this review, I'm happy that you found our accommodations to be very comfortable and that you had a pleasant stay. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,
Hotel Staff
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time at the GuestHouse. First impression, clean. Definitely a comfortable stay.

Carpet is soft. Fairly new microwave and fridge. Very nice lady at the front desk. She was informative and definitely showed that she cared if your stay would be good or not.
They even have a lock safe for your valuables in your room.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nella180
GuestHouse M, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ( Nella 180 )

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are very happy that our staff and amenities could make your stay comfortable. Thanks again and we hope to see you again.

Fernando Ramirez
Office Manager
503-472-4900
like us on facebook
Oliver, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were travelling through the area on the long weekend - with no reservations. As you can image, there was not a lot available. We did get a room here. The room was OK, nothing special, the bed was OK and the room clean. It is a little hike from downtown so not much to do in the area. A breakfast was included but the breakfast room is tiny and when we went down in the morning there was a line up at the door.

For the price is was an OK stay but nothing special.

Room Tip: Ok for a stop over, but not much more.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ed S
GuestHouse M, Front Office Manager at GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Ed S.

Hi my name is Fernando Ramirez I am the Guest House Vineyard Inn office manager and I am writing to you in response to your review for your stay in February.
I'd like to start out by saying thank you for choosing to stay with us and I'm glad that we could get you a room on such a busy week although I would like to apologize for your stay being just Ok as well as the busy breakfast room. We do offer additional seating by our public computer just outside of the breakfast room, but I do apologize that we aren't able to accommodate everyone at that time.
Again I would like thank you for choosing to stay with and if you have any more questions please call us at (503)-472-4900 and we hope to see you again.

Fernando Ramirez
Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Best Western Newberg Inn
Motel 6 McMinnville
Motel 6 McMinnville
#6 of 6 in McMinnville

Been to GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville? Share your experiences!