“Worst hotel ever!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
McMinnville, Oregon
“Worst hotel ever!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

Worst hotel ever!!!! Stayed here for business, staff was rude and inconsiderate, internet was spotty at best breakfast was awful and cold, pool cold, and rooms were dirty. I would have rather slept in my rental car. The room keys never worked, and there was never anyone at the front desk to help. It was the newest hotel in this city so I though that I would be nice… I was wrong!!! I have traveled to third world counties and received better service. I will take my business somewhere else next time. I moved across the street to the Red Lion Inn for my last night and was much happier. Don't waste your money here....

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank sophvin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Olympia, Wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised with this property. I had actually wanted to stay at a B & B this long holiday weekend, and it was sold out. I "settled" on this hotel, and told the couple we were traveling with we would be staying at the Comfort in instead. I know I can be a "hotel snob." Our room was $119 a night. It was a great room on the third floor. We had a little alcove sitting area, with sofa, chairs, TV, in addition to the bedroom and TV there. Rooms also have micro and frig. Very spacious room, very clean, and tidy. Breakfast offered both cereal and eggs, besides bagels, etc. Our friends were on the first floor, their room was a bit smaller, but still very spacious, there room was $114 a night. I am glad we stayed here! Location is also good, about 5 minutes from the aviation museum, 10 minutes to town, and about 25 from the big casino!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank teacher34
Washington State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

pleased with our stay. good sized pleasant room--ask to be away from hiway if you are concerned about it for more quiet--I forgot to but traffic noise didn't seem to be a problem for us. Front desk and housekeeping didn't go out of their way but were accomodating enough. nice size jacuzzi, pool a bit small.
breakfast very basic but did the job...holiday weekend so breakfast room way too small--we just took ours back to room which had a microwave and fridge.
Everything seemed to be clean, neat and tidy. Some cookies at check in--but they go fast!

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank maw
North Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

This was one of the nicest pet friendly properties we have stayed in over the past ten years. Very clean, large comfortable rooms, good "comp" breakfast and a quiet place to stay despite the fact that we were close to a main road. We definitely were impressed and will for sure be back. It was our first trip to Oregon wine country and it won't be our last....thank you Comfort Inn!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

We have family in town and have stayed here probably half a dozen times in the past few years, this time for 2 nights. We've also stayed at the Red Lion across the street and much prefer the Comfort Inn! While this is not a chain we normally use the choices are limited in McMinnville and I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It's clean, staff has been friendly and helpful, the pool and hot tub are fun for my 3 year old and her cousins and the breakfast is decent too. This time we stayed in a king, jacuzzi suite. It is a great room for families! The price was VERY reasonable. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank imsofunny
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

This is a very typical Comfort Inn with predictable rooms, common areas and breakfast. No surprises!
We stayed 1 night. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a good sleep and shower. We used the pool and hot-tub, which was small but nice. There was 1 computer for guest use in the lobby. The breakfast was uninspiring, but got the job done. Front desk clerks were all friendly and helpful. The rate was good.
The hotel is on the highway close to the hospital, the Evergreen Aviation Museum, but no restaurants. I believe the sign noted it was 2 miles into the historic town of McMinnville. It was a bit too far to walk so we drove into McMinnville for the afternoon and then again for dinner as there really was no place to eat near the hotel.
All in all a good choice for a night or 2.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
WA state
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It was clean & quiet with wonderful rooms. Absolutely no complaints. The breakfast was awesome, too. Thanks for a wonderful experience! One of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
Best Western Newberg Inn
Motel 6 McMinnville
Motel 6 McMinnville
#6 of 6 in McMinnville

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville? Share your experiences!