“Great low cost option in McMinnville”

Motel 6 McMinnville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Appleton, WI
“Great low cost option in McMinnville”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

This Motel 6 is across the parking lot from the Best Western which is double the price. We got a AAA rate of $46 for two queen beds. They are remodeling their rooms, so ask for one which has been remodeled. Everything was new in the room, plus a fridge and microwave and there is an outside pool. Tile floors, but I prefer to know that where I'm walking is clean. No breakfast, but there's free coffee in the lobby and many breakfast options near by. This is a great low cost option for a pricey area that does not have tons of competition. The internet connection was very fast and easy to log on. The staff was extremely friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London
Reviewed May 1, 2009

This is probably the cheapest motel in McMinnville and for a reason. The rooms smell really bad, mainly of stale smoke, even though it is non-smoking. There is no sink in the bathroom, it is part of the bedroom.

Only stay here if it is your last choice.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these McMinnville hotels

Portland, OR
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I ingnored all the bad reviews and tried this hotel anyway. What a mistake. One look at the lobby and I should have left. It is filthy. The "breakfast" advertised was a cup of poor quality coffee and a stale muffin. The bathroom hasn't been upgraded since the hotel was built, and that appears to be in the 60's or 70's. The water pressure was next to dripping. The carpeting and bedspreads smelled like they hadn't been cleaned in years. This hotel appears to be renting their rooms by the hour judging by the clientele coming and going. There is a reason this hotel is rated the lowest in town. Not worth it at any price!

• Liked — Would be a great place to take a hooker
  • Disliked — Absolutely filthy conditions
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Apparently these people think if they advertise as new managment they can get back their old customers. They are the same managers that have been there for 3 years. The lobby is still filthy dirty, the owners are rude and treat their staff badly in front of customers! It also appears that they are booking rooms by the hour, judging by the comings and goings of some of their customers. DO NOT BRING CHILDREN TO THIS MOTEL!!!

• Liked — I can't say anything good about this establishment
  • Disliked — Filthy, low life clientele
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I recently stayed at this motel with my family on our way to Washington. This motel was chosen for the location and price. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. For this price, I was not expecting new pillow top beds and new furniture. The place is clean, well maintained, and the staff is friendly. Compared to other motels we have stayed in at this price range, this place is a great value. We would definitely stay here again next time we pass by the area.

• Liked — the location, the price, and most of all, the bed
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
california
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Upon my arrival at Paragon Motel, I entered the front lobby (yuck) and approached the front desk although the front desk staff was courteus and hospitable the so called "new owners" berated their employee in front of myself and my husband and was more of a hinderance in their attempt to confirm our reservation than anything. They appeared to be arguing in a foreign language in front of us,wich was very rude. We may have not been able to understand what they were saying but the tone was quite obvious. We attempted to ask the front desk questions about the ammenities, again the front desk girl was interupted by the managers or new owners. We finaly got checked in to our room, which only on the surface seemed clean. The bathroom had no toilet paper and the remote control was missing in our room. When we called the front desk we were told to come to the desk rather than them coming to us. Our evening at this motel was topped off by the toilet backing up, an issue we again were left to remedy ourselves, I guess I should be grateful they even gave us a plunger. The saying "you get what you pay for," could not be more true. Again I would like to say that the front desk girl was friendly and tried to be helpful. I feel really sorry for the staff here and any persons that stay here.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
pourquoi_pas10284
Reviewed June 4, 2008

I called the hotel directly and booked a room, providing credit card information as a deposit. When i arrived at the paragon motel a month later they informed me that there was no reservation in my name but that if I liked, i could register for a room at that time. In my frustration I told them they had their chance and walked across the parking lot to an alternate hotel. A week later I am on my online banking and low and behold a $20 "no show" fee applied to my account by paragon motel! It is inconceivable how they could not have a reservation in my name, yet have my credit card information to charge me a "no show" fee! Ridiculous! This motel is wholly undeserving of any customer's money.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — unfriendly service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
peanut888, Manager at Motel 6 McMinnville, responded to this review, July 2, 2008
Dear Readers.
We feel so bad about the review, but We like the reader to know the more detailed true story, (Later we find out)
the customer made the reservation over the phone, for June 1st ,2008,which was a Sunday, and on the May 31st, 2008, Which was a Sunday.the customer showed at Paragon Motel, So the Frontdesk clerk found no reservation on the "day file", Because the reservation was on June 1st, which we put the each reservation paper in the June file. so the clerk had no way to find it.
"May "and" June" sounds big different, but Saturday and Sunday were different date. we have calendar on the wall in front of the phone. so we have less chance to make mistake like that .
So the reader could be the judge to make a judgement.
Manager
Tammy Dragoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
Best Western Newberg Inn

Been to Motel 6 McMinnville? Share your experiences!