“"New Management" is apparently a way to suck you in.”

Motel 6 McMinnville
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Apparently these people think if they advertise as new managment they can get back their old customers. They are the same managers that have been there for 3 years. The lobby is still filthy dirty, the owners are rude and treat their staff badly in front of customers! It also appears that they are booking rooms by the hour, judging by the comings and goings of some of their customers. DO NOT BRING CHILDREN TO THIS MOTEL!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2008

I recently stayed at this motel with my family on our way to Washington. This motel was chosen for the location and price. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. For this price, I was not expecting new pillow top beds and new furniture. The place is clean, well maintained, and the staff is friendly. Compared to other motels we have stayed in at this price range, this place is a great value. We would definitely stay here again next time we pass by the area.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Upon my arrival at Paragon Motel, I entered the front lobby (yuck) and approached the front desk although the front desk staff was courteus and hospitable the so called "new owners" berated their employee in front of myself and my husband and was more of a hinderance in their attempt to confirm our reservation than anything. They appeared to be arguing in a foreign language in front of us,wich was very rude. We may have not been able to understand what they were saying but the tone was quite obvious. We attempted to ask the front desk questions about the ammenities, again the front desk girl was interupted by the managers or new owners. We finaly got checked in to our room, which only on the surface seemed clean. The bathroom had no toilet paper and the remote control was missing in our room. When we called the front desk we were told to come to the desk rather than them coming to us. Our evening at this motel was topped off by the toilet backing up, an issue we again were left to remedy ourselves, I guess I should be grateful they even gave us a plunger. The saying "you get what you pay for," could not be more true. Again I would like to say that the front desk girl was friendly and tried to be helpful. I feel really sorry for the staff here and any persons that stay here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2008

I called the hotel directly and booked a room, providing credit card information as a deposit. When i arrived at the paragon motel a month later they informed me that there was no reservation in my name but that if I liked, i could register for a room at that time. In my frustration I told them they had their chance and walked across the parking lot to an alternate hotel. A week later I am on my online banking and low and behold a $20 "no show" fee applied to my account by paragon motel! It is inconceivable how they could not have a reservation in my name, yet have my credit card information to charge me a "no show" fee! Ridiculous! This motel is wholly undeserving of any customer's money.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
peanut888, Manager at Motel 6 McMinnville, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2008

Dear Readers.
We feel so bad about the review, but We like the reader to know the more detailed true story, (Later we find out)
the customer made the reservation over the phone, for June 1st ,2008,which was a Sunday, and on the May 31st, 2008, Which was a Sunday.the customer showed at Paragon Motel, So the Frontdesk clerk found no reservation on the "day file", Because the reservation was on June 1st, which we put the each reservation paper in the June file. so the clerk had no way to find it.
"May "and" June" sounds big different, but Saturday and Sunday were different date. we have calendar on the wall in front of the phone. so we have less chance to make mistake like that .
So the reader could be the judge to make a judgement.
Manager
Tammy Dragoo

Reviewed July 8, 2007

Arrived at 9:45pm to find my room rented to a couple for 4 to 5 hours because they were extremely tired and on there way to California by the front desk clerk. (Charged them 71.00.) Was told that they were hoping I was showing up later. Why do I care? I reserved the room didn't I? Asked for a non-smoking room and got a smoking room. Got into my room after 11:00pm. They were aware that all other motels were booked in town and took advantage of the issue. I had no choice but to stay there or in my car. They said they were giving me a big break as they would only charge me 53.00 for the stay. Are you kidding me? That's the advertised rate. If you want to experience a Bates Motel atmosphere, stay in the Paragon. Just remember, they're more concerned with making money then taking care of you.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Tarvin
Reviewed May 4, 2007

just went on the internet to check for a place to stay in mcminnville and came across [--] and checked it out. the pictures looked good and the prices sounded right so i gave it a call. when i got there the rooms were even better in person, and i actually got to feel how comfortable their new pillow top bed was. the bathroom was a little small but clean at least. they had beautiful tiffany style lamps which is what i have so it felt almost like home. next time i go back to mcminnville im not gonna pay an extra 20 bucks or so at another motel im just gonna go straight to the paragon.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank aznglobejogger
Reviewed February 12, 2007

We were skeptical booking at the cheapest motel in town but were pleasently surprised! The beds were soooo comfortable, the room clean and the service was good too! We almost overlooked this property but the other motels in town were $20-$40 more per night. We were happy with the value and the room. We will return.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank oregonluvers
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
McMinnville Inn
McMinnville Inn
#4 of 6 in McMinnville
Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country
Best Western Newberg Inn

Been to Motel 6 McMinnville? Share your experiences!