“ANTS, ANTS, EVERYWHERE”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Bend, Oregon
“ANTS, ANTS, EVERYWHERE”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We checked in, went to the room, the floor of the shower was filthy, we ate some lunch, my wife needed to use the toilet, as she sat there she saw ants crawling on the floor of the bathroom. We immediately went to the office and requested a refund, the office clerk offered us a different room but we felt that if there was ants in that room then the rest of the motel was infested as well. He gave us a refund and we left.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
PDX_Hotel_Service, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 McMinnville, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear noslekkim:

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience at our establishment here on TripAdvisor. We were of course disappointed and embarrassed to read about the unacceptable condition of the room that you received at check in. We are deeply sorry that you were faced with the inconvenience of having to find accommodations elsewhere. We were pleased to see that you rated the service you received from our staff so highly despite the problems you encountered with the room.

Obviously the situation with the cleanliness of the room resulted in a coaching issue with some of our housekeeping staff. Though we know a formal admonishment may be unpleasant, however necessary, we feel that it was constructive for all parties concerned and we believe the problem to be resolved.

The property receives regular visits from a licensed pest control service with which the hotel maintains a contract, as well as frequent inspections of the facilities by both the maid staff and management personnel. Despite these precautions however we were unable to prevent the presence of ants in your room and for that we would like to offer our sincere apologies. We have since had the room deep cleaned and given a thorough treatment by our exterminator, and we have received no additional reports of ants or any other pests.

Our guests’ opinions are very important to us and we would welcome the chance to hear from you further concerning this matter. We can be contacted at the following e-mail address whenever you might find it convenient: guestrelations@portlandvalueinns.com Thank you again for your review, and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
United States
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This one wasn't bad. Good bed, nice tv with a zillion channels, pretty good internet. The bathroom was a little meh, they didn't change out the tub when they remodeled the place and it shows, but not bad either. I used to really hate Motel 6 but recently stayed at a couple with good reviews and they were as good or better than more expensive chains.

One negative, I was downstairs, people upstairs just walking across the room made a lot of noise so try to get an upstairs room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cmburns
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Staying at Motel 6 McMinnville after a long flight was a pleasant surprise. I thought that anything would look comfy after the transatlantic flight I’d had, but didn’t expect such a great looking room when I walked in. The Motel lobby was clean and the staff courteous. I was situated up on the first floor and found that the heating worked well and the staff brought me another blanket when I asked for it.

The shower was great with the traditional Motel 6 soap still being left out for guests. I was told that this property had been newly renovated – it had wooden floors, new decoration, new furniture and a flat screen tv.

I was very impressed with this property and would definitely stay here again. For a bargain price of $50 you can’t really go wrong.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank CharlieHardcourt
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Stayed here for 5 days on business. The staff were very accommodating, the manager, Stephanie was great. My room was cozy and comfortable,
The cost was the best reason to stay here, good value without giving up all of the necessities.
Thanks motel 6, I'll stay here again next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I spent two nights while visiting the Evergreen Aircraft Museum in September 2010. It was very clean, totally functional and everything I would expect from an affordable motel. Staff were perfectly pleasant and responsive. Great TV.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Belfair, Washington
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Whenever i stay at this motel 6 the staff practically knows my name, they know my likes and dislikes and they are always very good at greeting me like i was a long lost friend. I enjoy this motel and the remodel they have recently completed makes it feel very modern and up to date with the times, I have yet to enjoy the pool but maybe next summer that will happen i enjoy the location i can walk to my favorite place to eat and its always clean! The only thing i wish is that it had a coffee pot in the room! Other than that i think they are wonderful!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel on my way to see family in the Roseburg, Oregon area. We had family to visit in Sheridan so figured McMinneville would be a good stop for the night. We were fooled by the Wi-Fi advertisement boasted on the website and on the sign for the hotel. We had online business that needed to be conducted before morning to only find out that their internet would not only not work in our room, but also in any other place in the motel. When we went to the office they said they'd "reset" the router, but that was no help. Later we got them to slip up and say it had been not working for quite a while. Thankfully there was some internet from another nearby location we could use, but only when sitting in the laundry room, in which time the staff yelled as us for talking too loudly while printing off stuff next to the door between the office and the laundry room. They would have much rather sat on their a*ses and complained about us talking, than to have offered us a solution to the problems. Generally I'm understanding of some hairs, because, I have long hair, I know sometimes you shed, but we found several long hairs (black, so they couldn't have been mine!) in the bed and under the pillows. In general there was a bit of a lack of cleanliness along with a jail cell feeling type of room. I don't plan on staying here again, and I've stayed in several budget hotels that haven't bothered me, this one though, was beyond acceptance. I wouldn't go unless you need a quick night of cheap sleep and for sure would not go if you need computer access for work purposes.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these McMinnville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
GuestHouse Vineyard Inn McMinnville
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
Best Western Newberg Inn

Been to Motel 6 McMinnville? Share your experiences!