“Great presentation, some items are tasty BUT description and food mismatch!”

La Rambla Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
La Rambla Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in McMinnville
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cowels
Description: La Rambla is the ideal destination for anyone looking to enjoy a culinary gem nestled in the heart of Oregon's Wine Country. One of the Willamette Valley's most unique dining experiences. Deftly blending Spanish influences and classics with the freshest ingredients the Northwest has to offer. One look at the satisfying tapas menu, and you'll be tempted by such classics as Sauteed Garlic Chili Shrimp with Calabrian chilies, Oregon Mushroom Cocas with arugula, La Serana cheese and truffle salt, Lamb Stew with rutabaga gratin and Classic Paella. The wine list, one of the most extensive in the state, has won Wine Spectator 'Awards of Excellence', Wine Enthusiasts ' Most Friendly Wine Restaurants', Oregon Wine Press 'Superior Cellar Award' with 400 entries form Oregon and Spain. A large selection of Spirits and Cocktails as well. La Rambla delivers a memorable culinary experience for an intimate meal to groups ready to top off a day of wine tasting with good food and good company.
Portland, Oregon
“Great presentation, some items are tasty BUT description and food mismatch!”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Saturday 8:00pm. Atmosphere is casual. Live music but all selections by guitarist sounded similar. Overheard wait staff commenting on a customer's remark that the guitarist was playing only one chord! I was looking forward to enjoying my tapas and reminiscing of my six weeks in Spain. The sangria was the worst I've ever had. Fruit was hung off the side of the glass, instead of being incorporated into the wine, ice cubes were in the glass, watering it down more than it was, and no other alcohol was present.
The presentation of the tapas was creative. The skewered beef tip was tough and chewy. Pinchos de Cordero ( lamb skewers with fresh mint mojo ) were very salty with uncooked centers. I didn't taste any mint. Piquillos Rellenos de Cangrejo ( Dungeness crab and goat cheese stuffed piquillo peppers) looked appetizing on the plate and did taste good but the filling was definitely goat cheese with a small amount of finely ground up crab. Another item, the crab cakes, had a filling that was too processed and felt mushy in my mouth.
We ordered a dish that had the word manchego in it. So we expected the item to arrive with manchego cheese in it. When I questioned the bartender regarding the lack of cheese in the dish, he told me that Manchego was a region of Spain. Interesting!? (I had never heard of this region of Spain. From what I could research, the only manchego that came up was related to the cheese made from the manchego sheep, in the La Mancha region of Spain.) This tapa was a delicious blend of vegetables with two small pieces of toast.
An almond cake arrived with an orange ice cream. I'm trying to be honest and helpful with this review. I could only taste a lemon-citrus topping over a vanilla cake with a very small dollop of vanilla- tasting ice cream. I questioned if I was given the correct ice cream. The dessert was acceptable but it just wasn't what I was expecting.
We paid $68.00 plus $10.00 tip for two and were disappointed.

1 Thank Waltzingmatilda52

Whidbey Island
“I expected more in Pinot country than a mediocre copy of Spanish Tapas food.”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

If you're a fan of great tapas food and an authentic Spanish atmosphere...don't bother here. Although the wait staff was very pleasant and friendly, the food is definitely a step below what we hoped for based on previous reviews and the written information about this place. Also, PLEASE NOTE...the address and directions are incorrect! The restaurant is actually located at 238 NE 3rd (not 435 NE 3rd, as listed on the website).

Anaheim
“Wonderful Find in McMinnville”
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stopped in La Rambla for happy hour, which was from 4-6, and tried a number of selections from their happy hour menu, including mussels, grilled artichoke, chili garlic shrimp, buffalo sliders, plus other selections. Corkage was $15, but with half price tapas, it was still very inexpensive. Service was friendly and fast, and we will look forward to returning.

Coloraodo
“A great place to have dinner”
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We really liked this place. The atmosphere was very relaxed. We sat a table that was right next to the window, and had a lovely view of the downtown.

The tapas that we ordered were great as was the wine. Good wine list.

Service was excellent. I strongly,strongly recommend dining here when in McMinnville.

Brentwood, California
“Great place for a relaxed lunch”
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We stopped here on the way to Portland from the coast. It was around 2:00 PM on a weekday, so the restaurant was practically empty. We had some of the best Tapas outside of Spain. The service was great and we had a very relaxing lunch.