“We're regulars”

Tommy's Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 102 Restaurants in McMinnville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Even when the place is packed, it's appropriately staffed. The employees are great and the food is almost too affordable and always tasty.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've eaten at Tommy's since before Tommy and it was John's. I've taken my kids there many times over the years though it's not a "directed at kids" kind of place.

On the one hand, Tommy's is a quintessential American greasy spoon. I'd describe it as a blue collar restaurant but this is McMinnville and it draws a variety of clientele. I seldom have eaten lunch there so my review is effectively limited to breakfast.

Tommy's hash browns are the ones I measure all other restaurants against. They are excellent, particularly with fresh bell peppers and green onions added. The bacon is excellent and the only restaurant I've ever eaten in that serves six pieces of bacon for an order, three for a half order which is plenty for me. May it always be so. Omelots are large and tasty with a decent variety.

Prices are low, service is good and the gals there waiting tables work as hard as any I've seen and are personable to boot.

Don't expect fancy, expect a good breakfast, served in a reasonable amount of time, decent, hard working folks around you, for less money than it's worth.

2  Thank Ordinaryfeller
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is about as average a place as you can get. The food isn't great, but it isn't bad. I suppose they make up for that with the price, which is pretty reasonable.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I go through Tommy's withdrawals if I don't go after a week! A great place to catch up with friends over some good food! Easy on the wallet too! Love their Bacon Waffles!

1  Thank OregonWestCoastMom
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Definately a greasy spoon!!! Food is okay. Alot of construction workers eating here. Not my first choice in McMinnville for breakfast. They only serve breakfast and lunch.