“Don't miss the fresh grapefruit martini!”
Review of Kame Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
McMinnville, Oregon
“Don't miss the fresh grapefruit martini!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Oh, my! The food at Kame is good, but don't miss the fresh grapefruit martini! I am typically not a martini drinker, but this one I crave! I have ate here multiple times and agree with another reviewer that the service is much better it you sit at the counter. They offer a nice variety of sushi and the atmosphere is comfortable. Give it a try!

• Visited December 2013

mcminnville
“good food, awful service”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We've been going to Kames for years. The food is consistently good but service this time was awful. We were a party of six and it took over two hours to get our meal. It was delivered piecemeal, sushi orders were mixed up, the billing was in error...our friend noticed they'd left off two sushi plates. Then it took them 10 minutes to correct the bill so he could pay. Our waiter, who was mostly absent, was helping make sushi in the kitchen. Probably will never go back...there are plenty of good places to eat in MAC that also have good service. It's a real shame.

• Visited October 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Yearly ritual”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We go to McmInnville every year to attend one of their annual events. To celebrate, we make sure we have dinner at Kame. It is expensive, but we treat ourselves. The service is good, the food excellent. The place appears clean and there are nice asthetic touches to everything. Simple and elegant, in an easy kind of way. (We're not fancy posh people, lol.) Nice atmosphere. Location is good too right in the "old part" of downtown. As I said, it isnt cheap, but if you want to treat yourselves to good Japanese food this is the place.

• Visited May 2013
rpetrson
“Pretty good sushi.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The food here is very good overall. Creative and tasty roll offerings and always superior quality fish. Tempura is light & not oily. Very friendly & attentive wait staff. Dinner for two is a good value and a lot of food. Plenty to take home.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank rpetrson
McMinnville, Oregon, United States
“Orgasm of the tongue.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to meet the owner prior to opening her restaurant. That gives us somewhat of a biased view, however whenever we eat at the Kame we enjoy the Japanese beer, Sake and food. Even my foodie Son and Daughter-in-law from Long Island NY find the Sushi wonderful.
I am more traditional American and enjoy the tempura and pot stickers. Haven’t had the entire menu but I am sure every item on it is as fresh as it can be.

• Visited November 2012