“Nice dinner, but had to leave when music started...too loud”

Grain Station Brew Works
Ranked #19 of 102 Restaurants in McMinnville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This place was a little difficult for us to find initially. We ended up walking all the way around the building looking for a sign and finally found it.

We were seated immediately and our server was over to explain the beer options. My husband tried a few samples and settled on the Hef which he enjoyed on a hot day. I am gluten free and was able to find a gluten free bun which was nice for my burger which was tasty. My husband had a pizza which he liked.

I thought the service was friendly and attentive and the food was good, but maybe a bit overpriced for what we had. I'm thinking I should have ordered salad instead of fries which were a little cold.

But once the music started, even with just 1 guy and a guitar, it became too loud for us to have a conversation. If you are into listening to music and having a beer, this is your place, but for us we wanted to chat and so after we ate we went elsewhere for dessert.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great food, especially beef. However, the price is at a premium. Beer is good and they are dog friendly.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Great beer but the food was average and the service was poor. After watching several groups that arrived after us get served their food we asked the waitress what was happening. No explanation offered. The free order of fries doesn't replace an apology. Not going back.

2  Thank BlackTruffle
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We enjoy coming here because we enjoy the ambiance and their unique beer offerings, which are delicious by way. Their food is okay and service leaves quite a bit to be desired but my honest opinion is this a management issue. The waitstaff seems to do the best they can but they are clearly overworked. There appears to be a need to employ more people to accommodate the number of guests.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Since our goal was to eat at "casual" venues, it seemed that Grain Station was just the place for us ... and it was. While it was more open than I thought a brew pub would be (think, family-style tables), the service was great and the food and beer even better. Their brewmeister certain knows his/her stuff and they produce a nice variety of beers. Good spot for lunch or dinner.