“poor service”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
mcminnville, oregon
“poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I wish I could review the food. I stood at the entry to this restaurant for 15 minutes. There were empty tables and servers passed by me multiple times and just ignored me. I finally had to stop one of them and asked if I was supposed to seat myself or what. I guess if you are not one of the locals and just dressed in jeans and are not in a group you are not really welcome here. I ended up leaving. I have not been treated this way at a restaurant before. Go to Red Fox Bakery to get a great lunch and to be treated nicely.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Cathy N

Portland, OR
“Best Soup and Bread”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Sage is known for its creamy broccoli soup. They also serve sandwiches on their fresh baked bread. The menu is simple and homemade. A must for someone looking for a quick, satisfying lunch. Don't look here for fries or elaborate grilled sandwiches.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Lisabopisa
McMinnville, Oregon
“Consistently good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've been eating at The Sage for years, and the menu hasn't changed one iota. Not that there's anything wrong with that, when everything they make is really good.
The house-made bread is dense and chewy. The soups and sandwiches are always tasty.
Not an exciting choice for lunch, but there's nothing wrong with being reliably good.

Visited April 2012
4 Thank eljell
Huntington Beach, California
“The meal wasn't as special as I hoped it would be.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Sage restaurant is located in the Bella Casa store. (A great shop for browsing!) I had seen it last year and now it had been recommended to me by the wine pourer at local winery. The sandwich wasn’t as special as I had hoped it would be. The bread was good, but I make just as good sandwiches myself. However, the Broccoli soup was outstanding (I should have gotten a bowl instead of a cup) and the Raspberry Cupcake I had for dessert was divine: raspberry, white chocolate chips and coconut. Personally, I prefer the Red Fox Café.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank JewelsR33
McMinnville, OR
“Soup, Salad and Homemade Bread!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is one of our favorite local spots for lunch. Cozy atmosphere
where friends meet. They have wonderful homemade soups and bread. The prices are good and the cobblers are a deal for dessert. We go at least twice a month!!

Visited August 2012