“Best sandwiches of our trip, no, best MEAL!”
Review of Wild Wood Cafe

Wild Wood Cafe
Ranked #11 of 102 Restaurants in McMinnville
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stopped in McMinnville on our way home from the coast and had lunch at Wild Wood Cafe. What a great choice! I had a roast beef, mushroom and cheese grilled sandwich with au jus and bowl of fabulous cauliflower& bacon soup. My husband had the Rueben. We were both really happy with our lunches. Lots to eat, lots of flavor, very good service, enjoyable decor with egg beaters hanging from the ceiling and old signage on the walls. This lunch made up for the rain and stormy weather ten times over.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Whether breakfast or lunch, this is always delicious food, good service and value. DH particularly likes all the old signage used to decorate the interior space! 50's diner feel. Service and food still great, even with every table filled for lunch as it was yesterday!

1  Thank LOinOregon
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The Wild Wood toast might change your life. I was introduced to this place 5 years ago and every time I come to the area I must go. Great good friendly service.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The good food experience was overshadowed by the filthy and odorous condition of the men's room. It's kind of a funky place with good food, and was recommended to us, but we would most likely not return. One can only imagine the condition of the kitchen after seeing the condition of the men's room.

It may or may not be related, but we experienced upset stomachs later in the day...and I don't have a sensitive stomach.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

OK, to be completely forthright, the food is still good. I can notice differences in texture, volume, and even subtley, flavor. But a newbie might say it's just great. To me, it might be what's missing. There was an energy when "the nice kids from Willamina" owned it, Katie was the glue of that place, and in her absense, albeit her best intention to leave the very essence with the new owner, it's just lacking.
It's a place I want to go back to when I visit, but it's just not pulling me in anymore. Prices are reasonable, if not just a tad higher than I expected. Service is still pleasant and accommodating. The food just seems a bit, well, tedious, trying to be that something special, but not quite pulling it off.