“Worthy of Your Time & Taste”

Nick's Italian Cafe
Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in McMinnville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving the Willamette Valley since 1977. A favorite among the locals and visitors from abroad. Nick's Italian Cafe serves traditional fare passed down generations, as well as original dishes, created by our Chef. Trained in classic Italian cuisine in Italy, Eric Ferguson & Carmen Peirano strive to make every plate a special and unique experience.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited Nick's based on travel guide suggestion. I often take those as I'm certain you're reading this with a grain of salt. To put it quickly - I very much enjoyed this visit and recommend it with out hesitation.

I dined with my wife and another couple. The lunch opened with the salumi board and panzanella. The salumi board included five selections, including a black truffle sausage and a spicy capicola. It wasn't a large portion but it was high-end cured meats and quite flavorful. The panzanellla was also tasty. One fried, who is Lebanese, swore that there was some Middle Eastern flavor influences in this dish. But, the waitress assured us there were not.

For the meal I selected the pork panini on the waitresses suggestion in lieu of the beef version. I was not disappointed. A large sandwich on great, crispy, warm bread. Slightly spicy, the pork belly and braised greens went very well together. My wife chose the sausage pizza. It was arguably big enough to share, which she did. Very close to Neapolitan style, it was thin with a bright tomato sauce and a spattering of mozzarella - nice.

Our friends chose pasta dishes - the tagliatelle and lasagna. I sampled the lasagna - a local take on the classic with crab and mushrooms along with pine nuts. On its face, it wouldn't have been something I would have ordered. But, after trying it I can tell you that it is a winner. I will say that neither pasta serving is what I would call large. But, it was ample considering that both were cream-based. We're too used to oversize portions so it was, odd as it seems, a nice surprise.

If you're touring the Oregon wine country or visiting the Spruce Goose Museum, put this on the top of your to-do list in McMinnville.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This cafe is a real jem.We had a great lunch all items selected were fresh and made to order. Would encourage every one in the McMinnville area to give it a try

1  Thank Clyde B
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nicks has a great reputation in the area and after visiting you cam tell why. Its a quaint, small location in the historic downtown area. The pizza is true pizza! This was my first time in the area and when I asked around, this place was recommend by 3 of the 5 people I asked. If looking for a great place to eat Italian - try Nicks!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had lunch here and the food was wonderful. Two of has sandwiches. They were delicious. One of us had a pizza and the other had the crabmeat lasagna. Everyone was happy with their choice. The minestrone soup was the best I have ever tasted. Service was excellent, also.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a very "Clubby" Restuarant. If you aren't one of the "chosen", you only get adequate service. Food was good, with adequate portions.

2  Thank szsand