“Sunday afternoon brunch - enjoyable!”

Nick's Italian Cafe
Ranked #8 of 102 Restaurants in McMinnville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving the Willamette Valley since 1977. A favorite among the locals and visitors from abroad. Nick's Italian Cafe serves traditional fare passed down generations, as well as original dishes, created by our Chef. Trained in classic Italian cuisine in Italy, Eric Ferguson & Carmen Peirano strive to make every plate a special and unique experience.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had heard of Nick's but dined there until last Sunday - however, I will be back. After a discussion with our waiter, my friend and I first had a selection of the locally made Fino in Fondo salumi - all with its own unique taste. Followed by a thin-crust pizza with gorgonzola cheese, carmelized onions and thinly-sliced pear - a wonderful combination of tastes. Eat only a couple slices of pizza to leave room for the lasagna - a house specialty with dungeness crab, mushrooms, roasted pine nuts and garlic. Followed by dessert and coffee. Even with a bottle of italian wine, total tap just over $100. A leisurely Sunday afternoon - great food, good/knowledgeable service and reasonable price for value.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a ruined birthday dinner the night before, we decided to try Nick's based on recommendations for a "do over" dinner. It couldn't have been better. The crab past and wine was everything a birthday dinner should be. We will be going back again for sure!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nick's is in a store front location in downtown McMinnville. They serve very well prepared Italian dishes. They also have some more "wine country" type dishes like the salmon I had served over green beans and tomatoes. The wait staff really know their stuff and we had a lovely evening.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just a nice, busy, casual place with great food, wine and service. We especially liked a wine there which was a great value; Stephenson-Barrie Pinot. The owner got my name to the winemaker who called me first thing the next am and I now have a case of this wine to enjoy now that I'm home.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nick's is a long time personal favorite, we have enjoyed dining there for many years. Had lunch there today and it was excellent. Peach salad and minestrone were both wonderful appetizers and the main courses, crab lasange for me and square spaghetti and meatballs for the Mrs. were both exceptional, and I do not use that word lightly. The sauce on the spaghetti was perhaps the best I've ever tasted, and that includes many wonderful meals in Italy. The only ding is that the prices are, in my opinion, a bit much for small town Oregon but then again, one does not venture into wine country looking for cheap food. Highly recommended.