“Small Town Big Taste”

Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in McMinnville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving the Willamette Valley since 1977. A favorite among the locals and visitors from abroad. Nick's Italian Cafe serves traditional fare passed down generations, as well as original dishes, created by our Chef. Trained in classic Italian cuisine in Italy, Eric Ferguson & Carmen Peirano strive to make every plate a special and unique experience.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Nick's is a long time personal favorite, we have enjoyed dining there for many years. Had lunch there today and it was excellent. Peach salad and minestrone were both wonderful appetizers and the main courses, crab lasange for me and square spaghetti and meatballs for the Mrs. were both exceptional, and I do not use that word lightly. The sauce on the spaghetti was perhaps the best I've ever tasted, and that includes many wonderful meals in Italy. The only ding is that the prices are, in my opinion, a bit much for small town Oregon but then again, one does not venture into wine country looking for cheap food. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Nick's Italian Cafe

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nick’s Cafe was a long awaited opportunity. It’s really an understated place – a dining room, for sit down dinner or a back room bar for more casual fare. Really, the dining room was not fancy at all. I was lucky to get a seat at the front counter, where you can watch the chefs cook the dishes. I had the much recommended crab lasagna. It was a pasta dish right from heaven. However, I found the Casear salad to be overdressed with a rather mundane dressing. And, I thought my dinner to be a bit pricey: salad, entrée, sparkling water and one glass of wine was $50. But, I’ll go back again for the lasagna!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

After some late afternoon wine tasting, we needed some food before the wine got the best of us. The lady at the tasting room suggested Nick's and made reservations for us. We walked down the street and arrived at a quaint restaurant. Lovely wait staff - helpful, engaging in conversation, made us feel at home, and offered recommendations for the rest of our vacation. Food was superb - chef, you are killing it with the lamb 3 ways. Keep doing what you're doing.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Thanks to friends who brought us to this great place.

The Lamb 3 ways with the homemade sausage, preceded by the Octopus salad, terrific bread, great service. Wines by the glass and suggestions from a very knowledgeable server group.

There are a lot of wine country restaurants in a lot of regions of the world, and Nick's is way up there.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The locals could kill me for letting others know that you can enjoy the same delicious Nick food but in a laid back atmosphere in Nick's Back Alley cafe. Enter off Evans next to the Red fox Bakery -- look for the sandwich board on the street and walk right past the dumpster and garbage cans (really!). You'll find a small red-brick room with a pool table, hip music, and attentive service. This is NOT for those who want a fine dining atmosphere. And we walked in and sat right down instead of waiting in a line for the restaurant. Delicious Gorgonzola & Pear pizza, local beers and wines but no local coffee. This part of Nicks definitely has a trimmed down menu but you'll be treated to the same delicious food.