“Very good!”

Yan's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 105 Restaurants in McMinnville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have never had a bad experience at Yan's and we are regulars as are a lot of others in McMinnville and the surrounding area. I lived in China for 3 years and I can tell you that most of the food at Yan's is much the same as I had when living there. The Cantonese/San Francisco style of food from the 40's and 50's just doesn't seem to be available any more even in San Francisco but Yan's comes as close as any I've found.

1  Thank Fisherwoman4

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The service was good as was the food, but it wasn't exceptional. The interior is somewhat dark and not well decorated. It looks like a bit dog-eared.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Taken here by family friends, they knew the place well and the server's knew them, so service was good. Loved the plum wine, loved the potstickers, I had the trio of Kung Pao Chicken, Fried Rice and Sweet and Sour Chicken. Loved it. Hubby had the sizzling platter of shrimp and scallops which looked good but he wasn't reading menu right and thought it was friend not fresh with veggies ... so he and his Mom exchanged meals. Plenty of food for sure. Service was good, didn't use bathrooms so can't tell you about previous claims of mold. Def. would eat here again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I live in McMinnville but haven't been to Yan's for several years. I decided to try it once again, to see if they had changed and apparently not! Two items were left off my order.... albeit the same two items they had left off my order when I had been to the restaurant several years ago... Deja vu! You would think they would have a better check system when putting the orders together. Then when my hubby went to pick up the forgotten items the next evening, he was given someone else's order. They ran out to the car and caught him before he drove off and took the food back from him and gave it to the correct person.... big no no! For all they know my husband could have been tasting it... lol! I will never visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Coming home the back way through this town. It is lunch time and we noticed this place had a full parking lot. We went on to do some things in town and then came here to eat about 2 in the afternoon. No hostess at counter and when someone showed up they indicated to go ahead and sit anywhere. Thus we took our menus with us. Old decor, booths and tables but we can handle it. Waitress needed to be loosened up a little, she was not Miss Happy. Large menu to select from. Prices are really good, our lunch time plates for the two of us was under $12. Food was good and fresh, we would eat here again if we lived in the area. However the bathrooms left a lot to be desired. Mildew around the sink seams are really a turn-off and we always question how the kitchen is if the bathrooms are not sparkling clean. Oh well, this review is 5 days later and neither of us died from food poisoning. LOL. As noted, food was good and there is a separate bar area for drinkers if you have that desire.