“spruce goose”

Ormond Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“spruce goose”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went here with my son, daughter-in-law and her mother. had a great time. Admission was free as my son is active military. For $25 you could have a small tour of the cockpit of the Spruce Goose and sit in the pilot's seat and have a picture taken of your group. Loved the Titan missile and the Blackbird. Overall a wonderful experience.

1 Thank 58sandy53

Winchester, Oregon
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Spruce Goose is HUGE”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

After years of living in Oregon and never having made it to this museum, we finally decided to cross it off the bucket list. What a great facility! I'm a veteran (ask for a veteran discount!) and I'm also a private pilot so I enjoyed being around the aircraft as well as the military aspect of things. There are also interactive stations that help kids get the fundamentals of flight down and do activities to keep their interest. One thing we didn't do but plan to come back and try is the Wings & Waves water park which is on the same complex but we just didn't have time to do it all in one day. We didn't even have time to watch the movie which is included in your museum admission. I'd plan a good day to see all the museum exhibits and watch the movie, and another day for the water park. We had about a half a day, and were able to see the exhibits but not watch the movie (and this is without kids, so we moved fairly fast). The staff is all volunteer and they're all veterans. I heard one person say that the museum is having financial issues, and I certainly hope not, because it's a very pretty facility, and you can tell the people involved with it are very passionate about what they do and trying to help educate people on all things aviation. Plan to make the trip, it's just a short drive off of I-5 through some beautiful wine country and vineyard land. Or if you're a pilot, fly into McMinnville Municipal Airport (KMMV), and walk across the street to the museum and water park! That's my plan when we return to visit the water park.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank John M
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very Interesting and Fun”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum! We are active duty military so we got in for free. I saw the price for civilians and it was a little spendy but there's a lot to see. We were there for almost 2 hours. The place is HUGE! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Plus the staff was extremely nice and helpful!

CA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went with our husbands thinking we would not enjoy it that much and only be there for an hour or so! It is amazing. We really enjoyed the theater and the exhibition with the Spruce Goose! Pay the extra monies to go upstairs to sit in the cockpit! AMAZING. Be prepared to be there for at least 3 hours. The time will fly!

Twisp, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Educational Experience”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Take several days--Informative Air Museum and Space Museum. The IMAX shows were OUTSTANDING and of course the water slides coming out of the B-747 were a great adventure for our grandboys and for us too!

Visited April 2013