“overcharged, wine not delivered”
Review of Terra Vina Wines

Terra Vina Wines
Ranked #1 of 7 Nightlife in McMinnville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We visited Terra Vina Tasting room on 1/19 during a trip to Washington and Oregon and purchased wine to be shipped to our home. When I received the receipt via email, I noticed they charged us for wine tasting with the wine order after we had already paid for the wine tasting. I called and left a message to call me back to rectify the situation. I did not hear back from them, and had to call back 2 more times. Both times, the person on the phone could not help me and could not tell me if the wine had been shipped. I finally received an email from the owner, Carol, stating that she could NOT do a partial refund. I called again and also replied to her email that I wanted to cancel the entire order. Still no reply for another week. It's now been 3 weeks since our visit and when I finally did reach someone that could help me, they gave no reason for why my wine had not shipped nor when it would be shipped.

I was excited to visit based on the previous reviews, and was totally disappointed in the service provided.

My recommendation would be to NOT purchase wine to be shipped from Terra Vina. Their customer service is less than desired and their billing is very questionable. My order may have not been huge, $200; but regardless, they should treat every customer the same.

There are plenty of other wineries and tasting rooms to visit, I would suggest you visit them and stay away from this one.

Terra W, Owner at Terra Vina Wines, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

I am sorry that you were not pleased with the follow up service to your order. Our tasting room is not open 7 days a week, only Thursday - Sunday and phone messages are returned during those days. Unfortunately your server was on vacation and the person who took your calls did not know about your order. I did reply to your email explaining that the method of payment used, Square, does not allow partial refunds so I offered you an in store credit or refund check of your $10 tasting fee. Your wine was held at our shipper due to the extreme freezing weather blanketing most of the country during the past weeks including where you wanted the wine shipped. We watch the weather closely so that our product does not get compromised due to extreme temperatures. You have been issued a complete refund and your shipment has been cancelled. Our delicious & beautiful wines are plenty reason for anyone to visit our tasting room and as you experienced they were well worth purchasing!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Hot weather wines. A good selection of varietals with big bodies & plentiful tannins. Staff is very energetic and knowledgeable. Price point is a bit high but some of these are very much worth it.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just a block from our hotel in the "Old Town" area of McMinnville, we visited on the recommendations of a couple we met at another winery. It was worth the visit. Sampled a few wines and snacks. We even saw the same couple before we left. The place was busy, right up to closing.

Terra W, Owner at Terra Vina Wines, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for visiting and enjoying our delicious wines! We love our busy McMinnville location and will always provide our guests with friendly service. Come back again, new wines are released through out the year.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went in expecting the Pinot Noirs you expect in the area and were floored by the wonderful Big Reds! The wines were excellent and the owner's knowledge and hospitality made the best first impression we could have had. She even made us a recommendation and reservation at 411 where we had a great dinner! The only sad part was that we couldn't get back during business hours to buy some Simpatico among others. Thank goodness for the internet!

Terra W, Owner at Terra Vina Wines, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for visiting our tasting room and loving our Big Reds. I'm sorry you were unable to get back to purchase your favorite wines during our business hours. Contact me directly through our web site if you want to make a purchase so I can provide personal attention to your order.