All reviews hash browns indoor pool free breakfast good nights sleep breakfast selection room was clean family room evergreen air museum hard boiled eggs spruce goose water park wings wine country mcdonalds cereal wineries microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2016

Ok let me preface that I normally like a five star hotel, however I was not expecting 5 star quality in this college town. But what I do expect is a comfortable bed and a room that doesn't smell like some kind of toxic room deodorizer. Could hardly sleep the bed was so uncomfortable and the room smelled so bad. The bedding was dicey and I was concerned about when the last time it had been cleaned. The carpets needed to be replaced ten years ago along with the bedding. It's just worn out and dirty past the point of being able to make it acceptable. There aren't many options at the start of college but I'd try staying somewhere else.

Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed March 13, 2016

Our room was clean and well stocked. Nice large bathroom, shower was a dream! One of the most comfortable beds we have run across in our many hotel stays. Desk personnel are attentive and very efficient. We asked for extra pillows and we were accommodated immediately! Very clean indoor pool and a great breakfast. Check out was later than we normally see, no rush, wonderful property!

Room tip: We were on the 2nd floor, really quiet, and we were very near the elevator!
Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed February 18, 2016

Stay here for a week for business. This place has run down since the last time I stay 3 years ago. Front lobby personnel are very accommodating and helpful, the hotel itself needs some cleaning, I think because pets are allow in the hotel. My room is OK, some dirt that looks like bugs on the floor. Towels are thin, like it have been thru washer too many times. Breakfast is fair, waffle, boil eggs, and the norm. Nothing really special in this hotel except the staff. I give a 5 for staff because they are trying to satisfy you during your stay.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2015 via mobile

Due to some bad weather in an area we were going to stay at we had to add an extra night ahead of our planned stay, originally we called the 1-800 number for reservations and were told they didn't have the same room available the day ahead of our stay and that my fathers reservation wasn't even showing in their system. After confirming with my father that he had in fact made a reservation we decided to call the actual hotel and in fact they did have my fathers reservation and there wouldn't be any problem adding a nights stay ahead of our previous reservation for both rooms. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant front desk worker who promptly and pleasantly check us in and answered all of our questions about the nearest coffee shops for the morning and the best Chinese restaurant for dinner that evening ( which turned out to be amazing, huge portions and great pricing). The room was very good, clean and sized appropriately, we had a lot of luggage to bring in and had a cart available to use. The breakfast was decent, hot fresh waffles, sausage ( although we would rather have bacon), orange and apple juice , bagels, English muffins and other breads, cold cereals , and hash browns, and scrambled eggs. I've stayed at many red lion hotels over the years for work and this one was definitely the cleanest and friendliest ( I believe it may be the newest built one also). Only thing I see as a down fall was the indoor pool was down for repairs , but we did receive a phone call about a week before our stay to let us know of this situation, not having the pool wasn't an issue for us at this time, although if it was a summer stay it might have been a major bummer. Checking out was fast and easy and again we had the cart to use to pack everything out.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2015

We found this to be a comfortable stay. The hotel was a bit older and had some problems due to that. There didn't seem to be a lot of sound insulation, we had serious troubles with our key card, and the elevator was very slow and small. However, this was made up for by the staff, cleanliness, and location.
For parents: the pool closes to kids relatively early, and only adults are allowed in later at night.
The pet agreement for the hotel is very strict, and we found ourselves petrified that our dogs would do something wrong, resulting in some serious fees.

Date of stay: September 2015