All reviews hash browns indoor pool free breakfast good nights sleep breakfast selection room was clean family room evergreen air museum hard boiled eggs spruce goose water park wings wine country mcdonalds cereal wineries microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed March 31, 2015

I guess I had higher expectations. It was clean but "dated" would be my description. Examples, the mini fridge sounded like it was on it's last leg and ran constantly, when it shut down it growled, The TV was the big old box style, no automated check out. Breakfast was all microwave fare. We did get sausages, biscuits and a crock pot of gravy. It did include Peach yogurt (no selection) and you could make a waffle. Another let down was the coffee. Not up to par, along with only powdered flavors. PLUS side, loved the pool and hot tub. Staff was always nice too !

Room tip: Would go higher level. We had bottom floor and could hear footsteps from the unit above way too much. Thin floors? We faced north and had no vehicle noise as away from highway.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2015

We arrived on Sunday at 5pm. We were told that the rooms hadn't been cleaned and to come back in an hour. We did get into our room around 6pm. The room was great. We were in the family suite and there was plenty of room. One of the best showers I have used.
The pool needs a little work. The water had a green tint. Maybe a little testing and chemicals?
I had to use ear plugs each night because of the people upstairs. Also, the heater at the end of the hall woke us up each time it turned on during the night.
The TVs are old school and pictures was not clear (but good enough for the kids).
The breakfast was great. Very busy in the morning.
The WIFI worked ok, maybe to many users or they need more bandwidth.
Overall, the hotel was good. They did a little maintenance and it would be great. I would stay here again. The hotel is close to the Evergreen Air Museum.

Room tip: Get the upper level rooms for the quiet.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2015 via mobile

Bed was soft, room was clean and inviting, grounds and building well kept, located across from a hospital and behind is quiet residential. McDonald's next door but is horrible, cold food, stick with free continental breakfast, hotel located less than 30 miles from Spirit Mountain for a show. Had a nice stay!

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank P R
Reviewed January 26, 2015

We really like the red lion hotel chain and always check to see if one exists at our final destination. Our experiences have been pretty great overall. I do have a bone to pick on this trip however. My husband and I purchased a bottle of wine from the front desk, had it opened and brought it back to the room. It was corked. I went back to the front desk but it was empty. No big deal. As it was late we just stuck the bad bottle in the fridge to deal with in the morning. The woman at the front desk refused to exchange the bottle saying that since it had been opened and with a glass out of it and it was alcohol that there was nothing she could do. She didn't know what a corked bottle meant and seemed to be completely unknowledgeable about wine. Which is a little strange since McMinnville is in the heart of wine country and they sell wine. A call to corporate didn't resolve the issue. They told me to speak with the manager but frankly the woman working the front desk (only person working other than cleaning staff) was so rude and I am so appalled that I can't spend any more time on such a silly $22.00 bottle of wine. I am truly disappointed.

Date of stay: January 2015
3  Thank Homesafairytale
Reviewed December 3, 2014

One night stay over for family of six. Easy parking. Easily found as it is located near the home of the Spruce Goose aircraft display Center and Space center.
Nice entrance with seating and tables in small lounge area and a swimming pool and heated children's small pool to the left of entrance but only accessible from inside the hotel by use of your room key, Towels supplied.
Reception staff were friendly and very helpful with two rooms costing 100 dollars each for the night. The rooms were were situated on the first floor and accessed via a lift, they were clean tidy and had a TV and tea making facilities together with a room safe if needed. There were also two large sized beds and below the window a air conditioning unit/heater ( a little noisy if left on at night but worked well and ensured a good heat on what was a wet cold night)
The pool was enjoyed by family members with the children having a great time.
We all enjoyed a good nights sleep followed by a lovely breakfast in a small dining room close to the reception area.

Date of stay: November 2014