All reviews hash browns indoor pool free breakfast good nights sleep breakfast selection room was clean family room evergreen air museum hard boiled eggs spruce goose water park wings wine country mcdonalds cereal wineries microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2014

We stayed at the Red Lion Hotel since it was the "host" hotel for a local half marathon through the Willamette Valley. The people at the front desk were very helpful and friendly throughout our entire trip. Ashley was always there with a smile on her face and was ready to assist. Felipe was always pleasant and offered his assistance with the boxes of wine that needed to be secured for our flight home. The hotel was the perfect location for our holiday weekend and we really appreciate the friendly and helpful staff. Thanks Ashley and Felipe for all the smiles!

Room tip: The Queen double room was nice and worked well for 3 women sharing the room. The vanity with double sinks was outside the shower/tub area so it made it easy for us to get dressed in the mornings.
Date of stay: September 2014
2  Thank sharon l
Reviewed September 2, 2014

After doctor checking in we laid down for a much needed nap. About an hour later hotel housekeeping staff abruptly tried opening the door, which was double locked. No knock, no announcement of "housekeeping". I strange from the bed and opened the door to see her "running" down the hall laughing. When I called to complain about this to the manager, she was defensive. Told me that housekeeping routinely clean rooms at unusual times and that nothing was wrong with what we experienced. When I again questioned the actions of running away laughing, she continued to defend the behavior. She was much more interested I. Being right than she was in making me happy as a guest. She offered me a 20% discount on a return visit. Needless to say, that was certainly not enough of an incentive to return to a hotel that clearly condones the unprofessional behavior of the staff of this hotel. I also tried the regional office, but was referred back to the property manager.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank KarlitaAa
Reviewed August 26, 2014

The location was very good. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly but the breakfast was the worst we're ever experienced. Only one of our group tried the breakfast and recommended that we go elsewhere which we did!

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank Ronald G
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We never have never been to Oregon before and the different locations for wine country seemed vast. We decided on McMinnville for it's location and Red Lion for the hotel. The hotel was very clean and well organized. The complimentary breakfast was great. However, I wish the staff was more knowledgeable of the area. We asked the front desk person for ideas of wineries or tasting rooms to travel to and was told, "I don't drink so I couldn't tell you where to go" is unacceptable for the concierge at the front desk. Even if they did not drink, I would think that they would know the area to give you tips on where to go. When we finally found a tasting room, they passed out this cute little McMinnville map that showed different restaurants and tasting rooms. They should pick that flyer up for that person. I would definitely stay here again but will be better prepared next time.

Room tip: Parking is free!
Date of stay: August 2014
3  Thank htsweet
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I had wanted to visit McMinnville, and found both the hotel and the town to be delightful. The staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The room was clean and comfortable. The only thing that wasn't perfect was that the only ice machine was on the first floor. Would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2014