“Very loud”

Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in McMinnville
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I probably wouldn't stay here again. I had my family, four of us, and we were totally unable to sleep. There were kids running up and down the halls, even in the middle of the night. I have never been to such a loud hotel where the management did nothing to stop it. In our room, the air conditioner was like a truck starting in the room. Impossible to get any sleep. Breakfast was pretty terrible, and when we asked for more towels, the front desk didn't know where they were kept. How is that possible?

Room Tip: If you stay, ask for the top floor so there isn't anyone running above you.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris M

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had reservations to stay here on Jan. 25. Somehow our reservations were entered for Dec. 25 and my friend's card was charged as no shows. The management was not at all helpful and we ended up staying at the Comfort Inn, which was fantastic and treated us with hospitality. I will never try to book at a Red Lion Hotel again. My friend was treated very rudely by the management of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank emmalea3
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stay one night only & this is the place to be. More than one night: If you're looking to bring your pet be prepared to clean up other people's pet waste so you don't step in it! Disgusting!

Breakfast was worse than poor: Hocky puck biscuits, raw potatoes, cold boiled eggs, sour orange juice, and BLACK spotted bananas & coffee grounds in your coffee. I am a die-hard coffee drinker yet this even turned my stomach. You can only face so many waffles which they had to take the machine in back twice because it was plugged up!

DO NOT LET THEM PUT YOU IN A ROOM BY THE DOWNSTAIRS DOORS OR ALL YOU WILL HEAR IS PEOPLE SLAMMING OUT THE EXIT DOORS! Weekends are made for drunks in this hotel. We have spent 3 weekends here & every one of them this has happened. Complaints to front desk do nothing.

Housekeepers are very nice but it's frustrating they do not speak enough English to understand you!

If I didn't have pets & the hotel across the road didn't charge $10 a day per pet we would've moved out waiting for our rental home to become available.

Room Tip: anywhere but downstairs by exit doors!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ruthiepoo1963
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Came here after long day on the road with no reservation. Front desk personal were friendly and helpful with checking in and telling me about area attractions and restaurants. Rates were very reasonable, room was clean and spacious. If I ever come back to McMinnville OR again this is where I will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dorothy Y
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The rooms were large and very clean, staff was friendly and the pool area was warm and clean, the only down fall the breakfast!
All cereal was super sugar no healthy choices the creamer for the coffee was powdered! The coffee was poor the juices were sad and the potatoes looked like they wernt even cooked! A little effort in the breakfast dept and I would give this hotel a 10

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Memeof3
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I use this hotel to house many of my companies business associates in town and have been pleased with them until now.

Five times this month (Oct) I have made reservations and have been given confirmation numbers, then I call to make sure everything is ready before I send anyone over the day of the reservation...and 3 our of the 5 people I have placed there have suddenly not had reservations! I keep hearing "I'm not sure now he/she made that reservation, but sorry, no room is available." It's completely unacceptable and has caused embarrassing situations when I have to tell visiting executives to please wait while I find another hotel.

Other than the above complaint, the hotel has been serviceable to my companies needs and the executives who have stayed there haven't had any real complaints.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is our second stay at the Red Lion when visiting the Evergreen Air Museum. The proximity to the museum is ideal, and the facility is very quiet even though it is near the highway. The rooms are spacious and clean, and breakfast is included.

WiFi was slow, but the other overall amenities overrode the inconvenience. We would go back again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Comfort Inn & Suites McMinnville
McMenamins Hotel Oregon
#2 of 6 in McMinnville
Best Western Newberg Inn
Holiday Inn Express Newberg - Wine Country

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites McMinnville? Share your experiences!