“Huge Disappointment!”

Wings and Waves Waterpark
Ranked #2 of 36 things to do in McMinnville
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Overpriced, overcrowded, and ...completely not worth it! The park is very small, lines for rides and even to get inter tubes are exhausting, and customer service is rather poor.
My ten-year old was in line for over an hour to get on a ride when he found out he couldn't ride it because of some metal they found in his swim trunks. They literally made him turn around and go all the way down after waiting for so long. Wouldn't it make more sense to tell people BEFORE they get in line that there is a problem with their gear and they cannot get on it? My son was distraught and humiliated, and I couldn't believe I paid $140 (for the family of four) for this kind of treatment. Needless to say, we left soon afterwards and are not planning to come back. If you are looking for a great water park experience, I would highly recommend Great Wolf Lodge in WA.

1  Thank Ekaterina151

Reviewed March 14, 2014

First time to Wings and Waves. Overall had a very nice time with the kids but the admission price is too high!! It cost $125 for admission for 3 and snacks for the 4 hours we were there. Although the slides were fun and the airplane concept unique, I think Great Wolf Lodge is a much better deal.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very nice facility learning and fun too. The slides are great and the exercise is too. However it is VERY EXPENSIVE for our party of three it was over hundred dollars with the locker. Then if you want a small snack that is a little extra, but is good food for a fast food snack shack. Too bad it's overpriced for what it is as it makes difficult to take kids and their friends often. Going to Wilson ills at Bull Winkles is. Bigger bang for your buck and you et wet there too

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Overall, our son enjoyed the waterpark, but I was disappointed in several aspects:

No towels. Had to buy one for $23! VERY slippery tile floor, dangerous changing/shower area with no mats or ant-slip surfaces. I saw several people slip and had to walk very slow and carefully myself. It was also very cold in this area.

The lines to the water slides moved VERY slowly. I have never been to a waterpark with this slow of a line. The problem was obvious, once you got to the top and saw their system...

Although a nice warm temperature, the hot tub was way over chlorinated to the point of many people coughing when they got in, a lot got out quickly and were complaining of the same problem. My eyes were stinging so badly, that I had to get out pretty quickly too. I sat in the tables in this area for awhile and watched as everyone who got in and out had the same reactions.

A couple of the educational areas were closed, even though we were there on a Saturday during the school hoilday break time.

Although there were 2 basketball hoops in the water, there was only one ball. So one group, just kept using that ball for an extended period of time. When I inquired if someone could get another ball, the desk clerk just said, she didn't know, she guessed if they only had one out, the others must be "broken". More like too lazy to go air up a couple more for guest use. My husband said he asked a couple of the lifeguards as well and go the same type of I don't care attitude. (We both asked very nicely.)

None of the staff seemed happy or the least bit interested in customer service. At least at Great Wolf Lodge, there would have been the ability to have an adult beverage! We didn't stay long.

2  Thank QueenLaDeDa
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Daughter and Grandson visiting from Anchorage, AK ...WOW what a great place. We couldn't believe what a wonderful fun filled facility. All ages in there having a great time. Will definitely go back for more!!!

Been to Wings and Waves Waterpark? Share your experiences!