“EXCELLENT ADDITION!!”

Wings and Waves Waterpark
Ranked #2 of 38 things to do in McMinnville
Reviewed December 29, 2011

In 2011, the Evergreen folks opened a Waterpark to the Air and Space Museum in McMinville. The Air and Space Museum was already an AMAZING tour and coupled with the IMAX Theater, a GREAT place to take the family for a day of fun! But now that the Waterpark has been added to this line-up, I'm not sure if a DAY would do justice to experience all three! The new park couldl be a full day in and of itself with the slides, wavepool, and H2O learning experience! The kiddos (regardless of age) will all have something to do! And the fact that a fully functional (prior to mounting atop the huge facility), 747-100 is the starting point for 4 of the slides adds a WOW factor that most waterparks/pools could only DREAM of! Do yourself a favor... take the family to McMinville to see the new addition, you just may want to plan for this to take MORE than a day! :)

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Great fun and top notch building. Very well done and something for everyone

Reviewed September 10, 2011

We went to the waterpark during a Friday morning/afternoon and into the evening during the first week of school. We expected some lines and found none at all. We "bounded" up the stairs 8 or so times with our kids (4 1/2 and 6) to experience the slides. My daughter (4 1/2) loved the Sonic Boom and my son (6) loved the Nose Dive. I liked the Tail Spin. The wave pool was great for the family, though some of the waves were a bit much for my youngest. She took a tumble and scraped herself . The lifeguard was at her side within 30 seconds, escorting us back to first aid to give her an ice pack and a bandage. I can't thank them enough for the immediate and thorough attention.

My kids spent several hours playing in the kids play area and in the leisure pool. The kids loved the little slides in the area, the water features, the water cannons and the big bucket of water that pours down every few minutes. My kids aren't the strongest swimmers yet, so we used one of the provided life jackets when they were in the pool(s). We expected to stay a few hours and ended up staying about 6. My kids liked it better than Great Wolf Lodge.

The prices were good. I've read several reviews that think the prices are a bit much. We paid $120 for the park, $9 for the locker and $24 for lunch (hambuger/fries/dink per person). For a days worth of fun, I think the value is good.

The only thing I would do differently is to wear shoes or water socks when I could. My feet are feeling a bit sore this morning. The floor has traction (good for not slipping which left my feet sore..

3  Thank KidletsMom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We've been to Great Wolf Lodge before, and found this park a good comparison - with a few minor problems. Best for families with kids over 7, and yes lots of stairs!

The big slides are the best and worst part of the park. All are great fun to ride, our kids age 8-13 couldn't get enough of them. Unfortunately, the lines up the stairs are LONG (30 minutes minimum) and poorly managed - the stairway is just too narrow for 2 lines of people toting tubes. Worse, in my opinion, is the availability of tubes - people hoard the double-tubes, so you can find yourself waiting in line for a tube before you can hit the stairs. The park needs to buy more and/or collect the tubes at the end so people can't hoard them.

The wave pool is decent sized, waves happen often and there are areas of rougher or calmer water, depending on what you like. The airbursts in the deep end are fun. The hot tub was packed the entire time so we never got in - lots of parents sitting there watching the kids play on the water-playground.

The H2O museum makes for a nice break out of the water - included in price of admission ($30 for over 42" tall - Museum members get a discount).

Best part of the park has to be the staff - lifeguards were always vigilent, no matter what attraction, but also friendly and with a sense of fun (joking, answering questions). We'll go back, just not on a weekend.

1  Thank physicsmom04
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is a fun place to spend an afternoon, but the lines are a huge problem. It's just not worth spending 30 minutes in line for a whoosh down a tube that only takes 20 seconds, even if it's a fun ride. They are far too cautious about the wait times between people descending, and unless they can speed this up, it makes it difficult to recommend spending your money here. I hope somebody from the park reads this and addresses it here.