We recently spent a night in the Gamay room at Youngberg Hill Inn. It began with a beautiful ride up the long driveway, past the grapevines, to the Inn on top of the hill. The views are gorgeous! Becky, the Innkeeper, met us at the door and immediately made us feel welcome and at home. Our room was lovely and just as pictured. We headed into the livingroom where Wayne, owner and winemaker, was doing a wine tasting for the guests. Don't miss this. I learned so much about the variations in growing grapes and just how elevation or direction to the sun can change the taste. He was educational and entertaining, not to mention, that he makes a darn good botte of wine! We loved hanging out on the huge deck and being greeted by dogs, Holly and Dale and Truffles the cat. They don't serve dinner at the Inn, but Becky offered some good suggestions for places to dine. The night was so quiet and peaceful and we awoke to a beautiful sunrise over the foggy valley below. We had a nice time chatting with other guests over a delicious, hot breakfast. I am sorry that we were only able to manage one night at Youngberg Hill as it was a wonderful place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oregon’s premier wine country estate and one of Wine Spectator’s favorite locations; set on a 50 acre hilltop surrounded by vineyard. We have an amazing 24 year old vineyard that is farmed organically. We are well known for producing award winning Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris wines. As passionate farmers and winemakers we are thrilled to share, educate, and talk wine. The Inn provides the perfect winery, getaway, and wedding experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Youngberg Hill Vineyards Hotel Mcminnville
- Youngberg Hill Vineyards And Inn
- Youngberg Hill Vineyards & Inn McMinnville, Oregon