Tripadvisor
McKenzie Bridge
All reviews fire pit volleyball net rafting trip one night the river shuttle service rented mountain bikes wet suits spent nights alyssa trailhead property firewood
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019

This is my second time seeing the wonderful property that the horse creek lodge has. The first time i just grabbed a shuttle to get to the top of the Mackenzie river trail. This time myself and two friends rented a cabin to stay and do that ride again. Lovely cabin, stocked with firewood so we could warm up after the rain. In addition Alyssa and her husband went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and well taken care of. I highly recommend staying here (weather you're biking the mackenzie or not) it's an absolutely beautiful place

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I can not express through a simple review how much I love this place!

We have rented SUPs, mountain bikes a couple of times, camped, and are planning a rafting trip in the near future. They offer quality gear for an amazing price and our experience and never been less than incredible. Thanks to the owners and staff for doing what you do and making these
outdoor adventures so accessible for all of us.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2018

My wife and I stayed in one of their cabins for a long weekend. The cabins have kitchens with all the essentials, even coffee! We loved waking up and having a cup of coffee on the cabin deck, then taking a walk through the trails they have through the woods and next to the river. The property is amazing. We rented mountain bikes from them, and the owners gave us a ride to about the halfway point on the McKenzie River Trail. It was the perfect amount of skill level and distance for my wife who doesn't mtn bike that much. The trail is absolutely amazing! If you're looking for more of a challenge, start at the beginning of the MRT. When we were back at the cabin, I did plenty of laps on their very own pump track! Check that thing out, it's so fun! The bikes they rent are tuned to perfection, and high end. The owners of Horse Creek are wonderful! You cannot go wrong with this place. STAY HERE!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights at the lodge and took a half day water rafting trip with the outfitting company.
The lodge: we stayed in the Koosah cabin. It was well appointed with everything we needed including coffee. The bed was comfortable, and we were very cozy. Outside was a fire pit with everything we needed for an evening around the fire including chairs. There is a path down to the water and we heard plenty of kids playing. A volleyball net was set up in the yard.
The rafting: our guide, Brie, was amazing, and her partner guide was also wonderful. She was full of information, and they gave a really good safety training about how to sit, and what to do if you come out of the boat. The river is pretty tame, and has up to a mild level 3 rapid, so there were moments of fun and splashing but a lot of it was just calm and relaxing with beautiful scenery. Kids 5 and up can come along and they provide wet suits and shoes and life vests for all. There is a rest break with light snacks and water mid way through. I recommend this for all ages and fitness levels as long as you are generally healthy. There is a half day which we did our first time today, and a full day which we will do next time!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
abrownlee, Owner at Horse Creek Lodge & Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Thanks so much for finding our little place in the woods! We are so happy to hear that you and your family had a good time. Thank you for the kind words, and for taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

What an incredible place to stay. From the location, charming cabins, friendly hospitality to the “thought of everything” to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. My cabin had the A/C turned in for me (it was 95 in mid July) so nice to walk into. There was firewood, kindle, fire pit, 2 sizes of BBQ’s, candles, matches right at my cabin. Then for all cabins to use was a big bin of firewood, hammock, horseshoes, volleyball net, chairs to take to the river just down the pathway. I was really surprised they had wifi & cable TV. The sheets were so soft I even looked at the tag to find out what kind, IKEA!! The house/cabin was spotless and very cozy and I felt very safe as a solo female traveler.
I was only able to stay one night but did also book their 1/2 day river rafting the next morning at 9:30 as a last minute add on that Gary took care of......THE BEST THING I HAVE DONE SO FAR ON MY RAOD TRIP!!!!!! The day was hot and sunny, Bre was our guide and she was SO AWESOME with her cute and friendly personality to her wealth of knowledge, passion and experience in rafting, you felt safe and in good hands. The Mckenzie river is stunning and so far is the best place I’ve stayed on my road trip, I have another week to explore Oregon but already want to go back.
Thank you Gary and Bre!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
abrownlee, Owner at Horse Creek Lodge & Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Thanks so much for finding our little spot in the woods! I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you, but both Bre and Gary mentioned how fun it was to meet you. Bre had a blast with you on the river! Hope to see you again, and enjoy the rest of your trip!