Tripadvisor
McKenzie Bridge
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews fire pit volleyball net rafting trip one night the river shuttle service rented mountain bikes wet suits spent nights alyssa trailhead property firewood
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

What an incredible place to stay. From the location, charming cabins, friendly hospitality to the “thought of everything” to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. My cabin had the A/C turned in for me (it was 95 in mid July) so nice to walk into. There was firewood, kindle, fire pit, 2 sizes of BBQ’s, candles, matches right at my cabin. Then for all cabins to use was a big bin of firewood, hammock, horseshoes, volleyball net, chairs to take to the river just down the pathway. I was really surprised they had wifi & cable TV. The sheets were so soft I even looked at the tag to find out what kind, IKEA!! The house/cabin was spotless and very cozy and I felt very safe as a solo female traveler.
I was only able to stay one night but did also book their 1/2 day river rafting the next morning at 9:30 as a last minute add on that Gary took care of......THE BEST THING I HAVE DONE SO FAR ON MY RAOD TRIP!!!!!! The day was hot and sunny, Bre was our guide and she was SO AWESOME with her cute and friendly personality to her wealth of knowledge, passion and experience in rafting, you felt safe and in good hands. The Mckenzie river is stunning and so far is the best place I’ve stayed on my road trip, I have another week to explore Oregon but already want to go back.
Thank you Gary and Bre!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
abrownlee, Owner at Horse Creek Lodge & Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Thanks so much for finding our little spot in the woods! I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you, but both Bre and Gary mentioned how fun it was to meet you. Bre had a blast with you on the river! Hope to see you again, and enjoy the rest of your trip!

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed, just one night, after 3 days of camping without access to showers. The lodge (koosah) was well equipped, clean, and very comfortable. The bed and fold out bed were comfortable. The kitchen had everything you need and there’s a coffee pot with coffee ready to go. The cabin has AC, WiFi and TV. It was a great place to stop to refresh. The lodge has a great out door area. There’s fishing near by and white water rafting trips right from the lodge.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
abrownlee, Owner at Horse Creek Lodge & Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Thanks so much for finding us! I'm so glad you had a nice stay, and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed June 17, 2018

For starters, if you are at Mtn biker, you need to put the McKenzie River trail on your bucket list. Separate review on that elsewhere.
If you are planning to ride, get a hold of Horse Creek & have them shuttle you. The owners have a background in river guiding & understand outdoor activities. The driver was really good in explaining the trail & key markers on the way up.
A couple notes :
• It is a little tricky to find. It is on the south side of the road off Horse Creek Rd. Look for Delta Dr on the right just past the first left bend in the road - turn right on Delta & it is down Delta on the left.
• After the ride, they have a cooler of cold beer & hard cider. They also have a post ride shower available . A really nice touch after a long hard effort
• I only did the shuttle so I can't comment on the rest of the operation.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2018

There are three cabins, two 1-BR and one 2-BR. We stayed with our dog in the Tamolitch (1-BR) cabin for one night.

The cabins are SO much nicer than any other mountain cabin that we've stayed in. They're very spacious, sparkling clean, and perfectly equipped. Ours had a full bath, a separate bedroom, a kitchen area (with a full-size fridge and stove) and a lovely living area with cute (but not kitchy) decor. It had everything we needed for a very comfy stay including lots of cozy blankets (though the heat worked very well; it was a cooler night and we didn't need the AC), a coffee pot (with coffee), a microwave, plenty of glasses, dishes, etc. There's also a fireplace and a TV. It feels very upscale. Also, the free wifi worked really well - so helpful because the Verizon signal was weak in the area.

The shower water pressure and temperature were great. They provide small bar soaps but bring your own shampoo.

I especially loved sitting on the porch in the morning, wrapped up in a blanket with my coffee; there's also a small fire pit with camp chairs in the little yard below.

Best of all, Alyssa was wonderful - super nice and friendly. Also, they are very dog-friendly - no extra fees and very relaxed about it. I appreciate that so much because most places either don't allow dogs, or reluctantly do so but charge huge fees and treat your pup like a crime suspect.

Overall, I highly recommend the Horse Creek cabins.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank aml888
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

The Sahalie cabin is wonderful! Alyssa is a wonderful host and makes the stay very special. Very welcoming and friendly.
The cabin is SO COZY and comfortable. Coffee and tea stocked in the kitchen. Comfortable beds. Wonderful area. Quiet campground. There is chopped wood for a camp fire. Horseshoe pit. Volleyball net. Can’t recommend it enough!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family