“Best Part of Our Trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McKenzie Bridge
Horse Creek Lodge & Outfitters
Portland, Oregon
“Best Part of Our Trip”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I'm glad to see that Horse Creek has received so many great reviews. It definitely deserves them! I recently took my parents on a road trip from Seattle to San Diego, and staying here was one of their favorite parts. It was absolutely the best place we stayed. They live on a Horse Creek Road in Iowa, so they were completely tickled to be staying on one so far from home. The place is adorable, and my mom gave her highest compliment by saying,"Everything in here, I would put in my own home." Premises were very clean and are in the most perfect woodsy location. Very beautiful, serene, and cozy.

I feel that the owners go to great lengths to make sure you feel welcome and comfortable. I was surprised to see that the kitchen was stocked with not only everything we could want to cook and dine with, but also with things like condiments, coffee, etc., most of which were either all natural or organic, along with the soaps and cleaning products. Not to mention, they even give the option of recycling, and that's a rare find.

Overall, we just loved this place, and I'm looking forward to staying there again. Especially at the price, you just can not beat it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I got married at Horse Creek Lodge in early October, and we couldn't have chosen a more perfect place!! Horse Creek Lodge is located in a beautiful forested spot with Horse Creek right nearby, and the fall colors were incredible during our stay!

We held both rehearsal dinner and our wedding ceremony on site at Horse Creek Lodge, and everything worked out great. Our family and friends stayed in the four cabins, and it was so much fun having everyone there on site for the entire weekend. All the cabins are well equipped with anything you'd need in the kitchen, and the Delta House in particular is very large and spacious. Each of the cabins are very clean and well decorated to feel cozy and homey. We also really enjoyed having the fire pit outside the Delta House, it was put to good use during our stay!

While Horse Creek Lodge itself was the perfect place for our fall wedding, the owners (Gary and Alyssa) really made our experience what it was, always going above and beyond to help us with whatever we needed. In the months before the wedding, Gary and Alyssa were always so helpful in assisting us with finding any kind of information we needed and in figuring out logistics for hosting 150 guests at the ceremony. And on wedding weekend itself...they were amazing!! We had some pretty serious plumbing issues where we were holding the reception (off site), and Gary and Alyssa came with their shuttle to help us get people to and from the nearby gas station restroom while we got the situation under control. They really saved the day! They also shuttled guests who were staying at Horse Creek Lodge to and from the reception, which was a huge help.

All our friends and family were amazed by how beautiful it was at Horse Creek Lodge, we keep hearing from them how much they loved it and how much they enjoyed their stays. I know we'll be coming back to Horse Creek Lodge as often as we can!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank macmanim
Fullerton, CA
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was a guest at Horse Creek Lodge in September, 2013 for a wedding. The setting was beautiful with mountains and forest surrounding us and the sounds of the rushing water in the background. The wedding was over 100 guests, but even this "backwoods" location easily accommodated everyone. There were plenty of nice clean well stocked cabins for the wedding party and family. The grounds, cabins, and buildings are well maintained and within close enough proximity to each other to allow for socializing when desired, but solitude when needed. This may have a backwoods look, but not a backwoods feel when it comes to comfort. The owners, Alyssa and Gary, went out of their way to help make this wedding event go smoothly, and weddings are NOT an easy event to host !! I can't wait to return to Horse Creek Lodge to partake in all the other activities offered such as rafting, mountain biking, and hiking !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Alyssa fit me in at the last second and went out of her way to make me feel at home during my short visit. She even brought me a glass of ice water after I returned from the ride. The facilities are great and the shuttle left on time. Their place is just a short and easy ride from the end of the trail. If I make it back this way I will use their shuttle service, and I will definitely stay the night. I was worn out from the trail, which made the drive to Bend a real chore.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank dsblaney
Sandia Park, New Mexico
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our family party of 7 rented out the larger house for three nights. Not only was it very convenient to the trailhead, (just a few minutes from the bottom of Mckenzie trail so you can shuttle from the in to the top and bike all the way to the inn) it was close to a good local restaurant, Takodas. It was just a great, clean, large space with four separate bedrooms and four baths, and a large living room. The kitchen had everything you needed to cook if you wanted to and there was also an outdoor fire pit area with logs for roasting marshmallows, etc. The owners are very friendly and helpful, Alyssa and Glen, who also guide the three hour whitewater trips. The rapids were enjoyed by my twins who are 8 and are suitable for younger kids too. Glen guided rafting trips as a full time professional in Washington before he settled in Mckenzie Bridge. He has a great sense of humor and kept the twins and me entertained for most of the journey (one of them fell asleep during the ride!). Although it isn't directly on the water, there is a little creek - horse creek that you can hike 5 mins to. Overall a great place to stay! There is no swimming pool or room service I just don't know how to take the rating away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SharonBice
Parshall, Colorado
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Horse Creek Lodge is a perfect getaway for couples and families, especially if you like a personalized experience. Gary and Alyssa are the most accomodating hosts! They are enthusiastic about making your stay with them enjoyable, are generous with their time, and Gary is an especially talented and entertaining raft guide! We spent 4 nights there and had a wonderful time rafting, biking, hiking, and visiting family. The open welcome we received was very special. We hope to return next summer!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
PDX
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place is ideal for groups or families on their own that want to stay in one of the cabins. the location is perfect for mountain biking. You can ride the epic McKenzie River Trail and enjoy a short 2 mile road ride from the end of the ride back to the cabins. Gary will even shuttle you to the top with your buddies in the grease bus (yes it runs on fry oil) and 5 hours later you are back at the cabins, beer in hand hanging by the fire pit. Alyssa is such a great host, they really want your stay to be special and will do whatever is takes to see that you have everything you need. If you are not into mountain biking there are great hikes in the area that lead to some of the best waterfalls you'll ever see. If you are looking to explore the McKenzie there is no better home basecamp than Horse Creek Lodge.

Room Tip: the lodge is great for bigger groups and the cabins are really nice if you want to be a bit more sec...