“Unique property to commune with nature” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in McKenzie Bridge
Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McKenzie Bridge
Venice, FL
“Unique property to commune with nature”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a very unique property. We stayed at the lodge, but most guests were in RV's. From a RV point, this has to be the nicest RV park ever. From a lodge perspective, some basic amenities are missing. The old fashioned tube TV doesn't actually get TV. It is used for DVD's and unfortunately we had to hunt for the cables and hook it up to even use it for that. There is no internet in the room, which put my husband into withdrawal. There is no a/c. Its not that hot outside, but our westward facing upstairs room was like an oven when we checked in. A small stand fan allowed us to pull in some cooler air. The view of the McKenzie River was super and it was running very full so the sound of the river masked other noises, however, I wonder when the river level is lower and quieter if there wouldn't be a lot of issues with sound. We were right next to the snack bar with its music playing. It didn't do a lot of business the night we were there, but the smell of grease and smoke did drift up to our balcony. In the summer this could be more of an issue. Daybreak is around 5 am, but coffee is :not available until 7:15 and breakfast is from 7:30-8:30. The drapes do not block the sun, nor is there a coffeepot or microwave in the room. We were long gone by 7:15 so cannot comment on the coffee or breakfast. I believe this late hour is due to the convenience of the staff rather than the convenience of the guests. The room layout was very chopped up and obviously had been changed over time. The refrigerator was hidden in a dark corner and the bathroom contained 2 shower stalls which is a pretty unique feature. The gardens and 2 hot water pools were very nice. We used the upper pool in the shade although more people used the lower pool in the sun with the view of the river. The river paths were nice and you are not far from Proxy Falls, Koosah Falls and Sahalie Falls and other guests mentioned that they had really enjoyed the raft trip that emanates from the lobby. The snack bar serves $7 burgers, but their overhead is also high. Since most visitors are RV'ers the shortage of restaurants is not a big problem. Likewise for those who rent their cottages.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Creswell, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at camp yale with my husband and our 3 children and we has a blast!!!!! The cabin was spacious, clean, and very accomidating. We swam in the hot pools every day and we were very successful on our "geo cashing" adventure! We found the staff to be very helpful and knowledgable. We can't wait to go back!!!!!! This place is a real gem!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting these hot springs for several years and would recommend them to anyone traveling the Mckenzie highway between Eugene and Sisters. They have hotel rooms, cabins and RV sites along the river. I'd recommend RV sites 1 to 11 if you want to be next to the river and close to the hot pool. The garden walk across the river is worth the visit with a waterworks of fountains and flowers worthy of this beautiful rain forest.

• Stayed May 2013
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The grounds are beautiful. Stop by(avoid the office) and cross the bridge to explore the grounds. The front desk staff is RUDE, HORRIBLE, AND NASTY. I have read some of the positive reviews and some of them seem like they had been written by the staff and their family. Take it from someone who has stayed here. It is not worth the money. The pools are in need of cleaning and repair. There are some serious safety hazards ( don't trip and fall....it will be your fault) around the pool. The upper bathroom is so disgusting that I would rather go into the woods to relieve myself. There is water, hair, mouse droppings and god knows what else floating in the non-draining cesspool of a bathroom. Witnessed and experienced demeaning and inconsiderate attitude from the staff. The old crow of a manager likes to scare little children and delights in it. They will nickel and dime you for every little thing. No reception on the t.v....will charge you a fortune for OLD movies. The internet is laughable and you will only get a meager amount...and you will be SHAMED if you want more. They will make it seem like you are asking for the sun, moon and stars for BASIC accommodations. Bring your own towels...your own glasses..your own everything if you DARE venture into this place. The breakfast is laughable...sure its free but so is eating out of a dumpster! Word to the staff...take some hospitality classes...GET HAPPY.. offer a great breakfast or don't offer one at all. Stop acting as if we are bothering you...YOU are here to help the customer. So there it is. Don't say you weren't warned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank 674explorer

Travelers are raving about these McKenzie Bridge hotels

Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Pros:
Beautiful setting and landscaping
Very professional and friendly front desk staff (checked in last night)
Warm pools and a cozy room
Plenty of things to do

Not really cons, but things they could do to earn a five star review:
Have some sort of meal service in the evening. The nearby stores and restaurants close at 8pm, we ended up eating cup o noodle and Mac and cheese for dinner. Something as simple as having some premium frozen dinners for sale in the market would make a huge difference.
Get a bigger television in the rooms, old 22" tv in our one bedroom suite = lame
Have reserved parking spaces for lodge guests. I don't want to park in a gravel lot away from the lodge if I am staying there.
Improve the continental breakfast.
Have robes in the higher end rooms
Doors between rooms are not rated for sound, not really an issue, but we could clearly hear the people in the next room
Bed was a little firm

All of the things we wish they had we would have gladly paid money for. I was surprised how cheap our room was!

All in all we had a great weekend, I would highly recommend this place, just make sure you bring something to eat.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 15, wonderful view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rollerroman
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I absolutely love this place. I was disappointed to hear about the rude staff reviews - however we have not experienced this and we go there on a regular basis. It is such a peaceful place (even when it's full). We take the RV and usually get a spot right next to the river. This is one of the best RV spots we've ever stayed in as it backs RIGHT up to the river. There are gardens and trails everywhere and the place is very well manicured and taken care of. There is usually free firewood available to the campers (we've never been anywhere that offers free wood). There is also a massage therapist on site if you'd like to get a massage. It's a wonderful place to go recharge and is one of our favorite places to visit in Oregon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stopped in to check out Belknap Hot Springs yesterday after a day of hiking. We live an hour away so I was scouting a nice day trip for my husband and I (we are in our late 40s). I had not read any reviews before going there, but I can attest the rudeness and attitude of the front desk staff. My questions (for who I assume the other reviewers call the young girl) were answered in haste and I was handed a map and brochure. This was late Tuesday afternoon and they were not busy. I was allowed to drive through the property to check it out as the ‘young girl’ wrote down the make, model and color of my vehicle on a piece of scrap paper as I recited it per her request. After seeing the two pools that are nothing more than something you would see at an apartment complex, the fact that you cannot use both pools unless you are staying there (only the bottom pool of you are a walk-in - $7/hr or $12/day) and the overall unwelcome feel I got, I will not be returning to this place. I can only imagine what it is like on weekends.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
The Wayfarer Resort
Eagle Rock Lodge
Eagle Rock Lodge
#1 of 3 in Vida

Been to Belknap Hot Springs Lodge and Gardens? Share your experiences!